Chapter 81. Down The Rabbit Hole

Elena, I, Stefan, and Rebekah are on the beach. Elena is on the phone with Caroline.

Caroline over the phone "Tell me you're not serious"

Elena says "I wish I weren't" walking around "When we got back from looking for Jeremy, Shane, Jessica, and Bonnie were gone too" sighs putting her hand on her head "Shane needs Bonnie to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure, and he managed to sneak them both out from under our noses"

Caroline on the phone says "Well, where's Damon in all this?"

Elena says "Eliana and Damon had an argument" 

I take the phone from Elena "I thought he was just taking a walk, but then when we went to the beach, we saw signs of a struggle"

Caroline asks "Meaning what?"

I say "Meaning somebody probably jumped him and then grabbed him! they take my man and my twin"

Caroline asks "Do you think Shane took him?"

I say "No, I mean, he's not strong enough to take Damon on, even with the element of surprise. He must have someone, or at least a few someones helping him"

Caroline says "I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to help"

I look at Elena "Well, maybe there's something you can do from home"

Caroline says "Anything. Tell me"

I say "So Shane's looking for the cure. We think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, but we just can't translate the map"

Caroline says "Unless you get the Hunter's Sword from Klaus"

I say "Exactly"

Rebekah says "He'll never give up the sword"

Stefan says "Yeah, but if anyone's gonna get him to give it up" 

Elena says "Caroline use his love for Calista it will affect him"

Rebekah says "He will never give up the sword, not even for Calista. He's terrified we'll use the cure against him to make him mortal, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't want any of us to derive a moment's worth of happiness from being human"

Stefan says "Well, maybe he doesn't have to give it up. I mean, Klaus is stuck in Elena's house by Bonnie's spell. He can't go anywhere. There's only so many places you can hide a three-foot piece of metal"

I say "Thanks for all your votes that I don't want to hear" sighs "Caroline, Elena is right to use Calista she will help"

Caroline says "I'll find it, don't worry. Just e-mail me photos of Jeremy's tattoo. I'll find the sword, and I'll call you back"

I say  "Thank you, Caroline"

Caroline says "Bye" she hangs up.

《♡♡♡♡♡♡》

On the beach, Rebekah is raising her cell phone in the air but gets only a busy signal and gives up. I send the email to Caroline. Elena and Stefan sit and talk while I'm hearing them.

I raising my hand in the air with a loud voice "And once again, everyone's life is in danger looking for this cure because poor Eliana can't deal with being a vampire"

Stefan says "No. Everyone's here because they want to be. Not just for you, but for themselves too"

Elena says "I and Stefan want it to live normally, Eliana"

Elena smiles at Stefan and reaches for his hand as Rebekah watches from a few yards away.

《♡♡♡♡♡♡》