Finding his Omega

"Did you ever consider the fact that this could be a good thing, my boy?" Alicent questioned the Prince who had stormed into his chambers from dinner, having had enough of his older brothers jokes.  I stayed silent as they spoke, not wanting to interrupt, hoping I could just finish cleaning the Princes' room and get out fast.

"How in Gods name could it possibly be a good thing?! I am not a Beta mother! I can never be a Beta! I'm an Alpha and despite the fact that you don't like it I have an Omega out there that I Need! I can't-"

"If you were going to find her you would have by now Aemond, no Alpha goes without finding their Omega beyond their 15th name day and you know this. I'm sorry but it's time to face the reality that maybe-"

"Don't you dare say it!" I knew that the Prince had forbidden anyone of stating what everyone thought was the obvious at this point. If an Alpha hadn't found their Omega by the time they were 14 or 15 then the Omega was likely dead.

It was a sad fact of life that many Omegas are assaulted and killed by Betas looking for a good time. An Alpha would never bring harm to an Omega, it was basically impossible for them, every Alpha had one Omega that was theirs and the idea of hurting another's Omega caused physical pain for them, thinking about how it could have been their Omega that was being hurt.

Betas were another story, they commonly assault and end up killing Omegas just for the sport of it leading to a lot of Omegas taking potions when they're able, to disguise their scents as Betas themselves, which often leaves finding their mates up to the Omegas as their Alpha can no longer smell them until the potions wear off. Betas all mate with Betas, the world is made up of 96% Betas, every Targaryen for the last 100 years had been Betas, all up until Aemond that is. Being Betas gives royals the ability to marry whoever they want with whoever serves them, such as marrying Aegon to Helaena or Rhaenyra to Laenor, Aemond however will never be able to be a political marriage, it was against the law to marry off an Alpha to anyone but their Omega and King Viserys would never even consider breaking that law.

"I'm sorry my son, truly sorry but it's time you face the fact that she's gone.  I will keep Aegon silent while you mourn but you must mourn, if you do not you will never have a life."  He scoffed, horrified at her insinuation of his mates death and I had to admit, I was horrified myself, even with me knowing his mate was alive and well the fact that his mother didn't help him hold out hope was heart breaking.

"I won't!  I can't believe you would even-"

"I'm your mother. I want what's best for you my son, no Alpha has ever found their Omega beyond their 15th name day, your 18th name day is tomorrow.  I will be speaking to your father and you will be announced to the court as eligible-"

"And you get what you've always wanted."  The rage in his voice was terrifying I noted, a chill traveling down my spine as I continued changing the sheets on the bed.  "You get the ability to marry me to whatever political rival suits your needs, you never wanted me to find my Omega."

"That's not true Aemond, I-"

"It is true, I saw it on your face the day I presented, you were livid.  Everyone else was happy for me, father was thrilled, but you hated it.  I will not marry mother, I will be alone for the rest of forever, maybe I'll even throw myself from the balcony and join my Omega in death, at least then I would finally no longer be alone."  Alicent sighed and I felt like I was going to be sick at the idea of Aemond dead.  It seemed to be the moment either of them noticed my presence as I finished the bed and took the old sheets, moving to curtesy and walk out the door.

"Girl!"  I stopped at the door, turning to the queen and curtsying again, keeping my eyes on the floor.  "My son is in need of company for the evening, you are to stay here and ensure he stays in his room."  She walked to the door and looked to me as she opened it.  "If you fail at this, I will see you whipped in the street.  Do you understand?"