𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅

...♔...

♔

......

   Vera found herself catching her breath in the uncomfort of a public bus. Relaxing back into the seat and wincing slightly at the stinging pang in her side. She looked down and saw the large shard of glass poking out, letting out a silent fuck before slowly peeling away the blood stained black fabric of her HYDRA suit.

   She winced for the second time in the minute as she attempted to pull the stray piece of window out. She knew that would only make her bleed out faster, but at this point who really cares? Her dad would be forced to forget her eventually and it's not like her mom could betray the organization that involuntarily implemented their beliefs into her.

   Vera Barnes wouldn't be remembered, and she would be left unavenged in about an hour.

   But it seemed death was not in the cards for the Killer Queen. At least not from blood loss, and most certainly not on this fine April day.

   Because in approximately two seconds, the bus she was on will have crashed and landed on its side. Steve Rogers flying through the front window and laying on the ground next to the blonde woman.

   Vera furrowed her brows at him, "so was this in the plan to take down HYDRA or do you just like flying through windows?"

   Steve looked up at her with a frown, "who likes going through windows?"

   Vera shrugged her shoulders, "you apparently," she grumbled, using what strength she had left to push herself up before helping the man up as well, "so what's the plan Stan? Because if my dad sees me he's going to actually kill you thinking you kidnapped me for ransom."

   "Who would willingly kidnap you?" Steve retorted, somehow finding the time in the very messy situation they had been put into to joke with the short blonde.

   Vera looked at him, slightly offended but not showing it, "aren't you just the funny one?" she rhetorically asked, "no but seriously, what are we gonna do? Because they're not gonna stop until they kill you, Natasha, me, hell even your baby mama. And I add her into the mix in a few months because you should know by now that they're gonna wait for her to pop so they can enslave your child."

   "God you talk a lot," Steve mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I'll go after the Winter Soldier, you run and take out as many agents as you can. Meet up at the Memorial pool?"

   "No, not there," Vera denied with a shake of her head, "how about the old distillery off twenty-eighth and tenth? It'll be more low key, no one goes there."