prologue

Song: Hey there Delilah by Plain White T's
Adalind POV
A cry from the backseat in the car took my attention from the house infrount of me. "Mama are we here yet?", Diana asked, "yeah, and uncle Carlisle set it up with his family for us", I told her steping out of the car. "When will we see uncle Carlisle?", Diana asked, "in a minute", I carried on answering her questions. I steeped out of the car the cold forks winter air hit me, it was cold unlike Portland. "Diana get your bags and go in the house", I told her while getting the twins dipper bag and balancing them both on my hip.
I had just made mac n cheese for the kids before there was a knock on the door. "Door,mama", Scout muttered while throwing half of his food on his jumper instead of his mouth. "I know bubs, I'm going to get it", I told him, "Adalind", Carlisle impatiently called out, "I'm coming Carlisle", was all I said before opening the door.
"Adalind", Carlisle said hugging me, "this is my wife Esme, our children Emmet,Edward,Jasper,Alice and Rosalie, our daughter in law, Edward's wife Bella and their daughter, our granddaughter Reneemae", I smile politely shaking everybody's hand one by one, inviting them in. "Uncle Carlisle!", Diana yelled running to the man, "Diana", the man replied just as enthusiastic as the blond child and engulfed him in a hug. "How are you?", He asked, "good uncle Carlisle, how are you?", She replied, "alright kid, I want you to met some people", he told her, she nodded her eye finally meeting the rest of the Cullens. Out of instinct my hand went around Diana's shoulder protecting her neck and pulling her closer to me around the unfamiliar vampires. "This is my wife Esme, our children Emmet, Rosalie, Alice, Jasper and Edward, Edward's wife Bella and their daughter Reneemae" he told her. Diana's eyes lighted up as she saw the girl around her age, "I'm Diana" she introduces herself "Reneemae" the girl muttered back "come with me I'll show you my room" Diana told her before grabbing her hand, the two girls had disappeared upstairs but their laughter was herd from the door.
"So do you want anything tea, water, juice?" I asked, a snort of laughter came from the blond teen, Rosalie, my puzzled look shut her up real quickly "Adalind, we don't eat or drink" Esme told me giving her daughter a glare resulting in silence. "How are the twins Scott and Lucy, I think, I haven't met them yet?", Carlisle asked breaking the silence, "Scout and Luna", I corrected him, "their finishing up their lunch in the kitchen". "Let go see them, then", Carlisle spoke, him and Esme following me to the kitchen, "this is Luna", I introduced them while wiping their hands and mouth, "and this is Scout", I introduced the other twin, "can I?", Esme asked holding out her arms, I nodded and handed Luna over.
We where all sitting down in the livingroom Luna and Scout with Rosalie and Alice, "so how did you meet Carlisle?", Jasper asked me, "I was in a car crash while pregnant with Diana and Carlisle was my doctor and then his bosses on the board tried to make him give babies in the NICU hormones that would make it seem like they grew faster and when he didn't the fired him, I found out and represented him and we took the whole boards medical licence and temporarily shut down the hospital", I told them, Scout started to cry and a loud beep went of, "I've been paged, we should head out, but I'll send the kids over to help you unpack tomorrow", Carlisle told me before leaving.