part 3

A/N: sorry for late uploads, i just don't have the biggest motivation for this story as much as my other one, but i promise to make it work! thank you for understanding :)

• • •

"50, 51, 52.." I counted the specks on my popcorn ceiling, in an attempt to remove any thoughts of Roger from earlier today.

It's not like i'm scared of him. He can't do anything to me now, and nor will he be able to considering the state he is in. He probably only said that to make himself seem tough.

To be fair, he did survive a gunshot. I guess that is pretty tough.

My mother came inside my bedroom and smiled, sitting down at the edge of my bed. I sat up, and she began to talk.

"Are you okay? You never came out for dinner. Is this perhaps about what was on the news today?" She asked, placing her hand on my knee in comfort.

I shook my head, wanting to speak. But I just couldn't push myself to do it. I know that she deserves to hear the truth, but I can't tell her yet.

I can't tell anyone yet.

"I just am super tired. I had a late night." I told her, shrugging my shoulders to make myself more believable.

She tilted her head to the side as she raised her eyebrows. Did she think I was lying? I felt my heart beat faster, but she just nodded.

I saw her push her body off of my bed, and she kissed me on the forehead, patting me on the shoulder.

"I suppose you should get some sleep then. Goodnight, love." She flashed a smile, then walked out of my bedroom.

I sighed in relief, and leaned my head down on my pillow. I slowly started to drift..

• • •

My alarm jolted me out of my bed, and I rubbed my eyes carefully. I stepped out of my covers and headed out from bedroom. I slowly passed my dad, side eyeing him. He didn't say anything.

I grabbed some bread and everything bagel seeds from the cabinet, aswell as avocado spread from the fridge. I popped the two pieces of bread into the toaster.

I tapped my foot slowly on the ground impatiently, waiting for it to be done. I heard my dad yell from the living room.

"Fay, get in here!"

My head dropped when I heard that. Was he mad at me? He sounded mad. I was confused why he wanted to see me, as he hasn't been excited to since I got off of the island.

I jogged over to the living room, standing about 6 inches away from him. He pointed to the TV that was playing the news, captioning a large headline.

"BULLET FOUND IN BODY OF ISLAND SURVIVOR. APPEARS TO BE A SHOT WOUND."

I stepped back from the TV. I heard the toaster ding from the kitchen, but I couldn't move. I was frozen in place.

There's no way I will get away with this. Roger is going to tell them it was me. Who would they believe? A military boy or some random girl? They already have a bunch of respect for him.

I fumbled out my words to my father, seeing the horrified look on his face.

"I cant believe that happened.. I wonder who did it." I said to him, looking at my father, to the TV, then to my father again.

"I ought it was one of them boys. Psychopaths." He sneers while shaking his head. I felt like this was supposed to comfort me since he didn't think it was me, but it didn't at all. In fact, I felt uncomfortable.

I nodded, and strutted back to the kitchen slowly. I held back tears from coming out. I ran my fingers through my hair.

What would Jack think? I lied to him on the island about how Roger, "died." He's never going to want to be around me, or even trust me ever again.

I realized how long my toast had been in the toaster, and I took it out. It was a dark crisp black, leaving a trace of crumbs.

I heard my phone ring from my bedroom, so I quickly ran to my nightstand and picked it up. It was Jack.

I shakily brought the phone up to my ear, waiting for his response.

"Whatever the fuck you told me on the island is not how Roger was injured. Tell me the truth. Did you shoot him?"

• • •

A/N: i promise i'll work on it more, but for now i hope you enjoyed this filler chapter!