Chapter 5: Airtime

Chilling in a jacuzzi on a private jet, watching Gossip Girl (channelling your inner rich person, of course) on your way to Toyko to film a porno with a big-shot adult film star. This is your life now: who would've thought?

Not to mention that you were on said private jet with your childhood hero, who just walked into the room and stares at you with contempt. And it didn't even take him a second to clarify that, "Is that a life jacket? In a jacuzzi?"

"I told you already. I didn't bring any clothes I can soak in, so I asked the stewardesses if they had anything."

"And they gave you a life jacket?"

"Yes! It's not the prettiest but it keeps me modest. Also, I'm safe."

Kenma pulls his phone out from his pocket, and clicks the home button on the TV you were using to watch Gossip Girl, removing the show from your screen and instead broadcasting his phone screen, which currently displayed the FaceTime app.

"And how many people die each year of drowning in the harsh waters of a jacuzzi?" He laughs to himself, propping his phone up on the edge of the tub, but before you have a chance to interject and share the shocking statistics and truths,  Kenma changes the subject, "Kuroo says he is gonna call in a few minutes. Do you want to say hi?"

You sunk, until you were up to your chin in water. You really didn't want Kuroo's first impression of you to 'life jacket in a tub' girl, but you also didn't want to outright say no, as he is ultimately the one responsible for this opportunity and the reason you are in this jacuzzi. 

You pushed your upper half out of the water again, "Do you think I could maybe get changed first? I don't want this to be his first impression of me." You motioned to your current outfit situation. 

"I think it shows character." Kenma muttered, still trying to make sure his phone is balanced properly and the front camera is facing you.  

"So is that a no?" And without him even having to respond, your question was answered by the screen that the TV displayed, along with the ringtone playing. 'T. Kuroo, FaceTime Video, Slide to answer'

After flashing you a reassuring smile, you watch on the big screen as Kenma answered the call, then walked behind the tub, closer to you, so he was in frame as well.

On the TV, you watched as the image switched from you in the tub, to what looked like the blurry image of a white shirt and tie, which was moving back and forth steadily. Before you had a chance to even process what was going on, a loud voice erupted from the phone speaker, "Kenma!! How have you been?"

"Kuroo.." Kenma said, as if he was out of breath, "I'm okay, what are you doing?"

"I'm on my way to my car right now. Just came out of a meeting." His voice was loud, and harsh, yet oddly comforting. All at once, you finally recalled where you recognised his name from. Tetsurō Kuroo — otherwise known as CrowKuroo — was an infrequent featured creator on Applepi's channel. There weren't a lot of streams he was in, but Kenma talked of him quite a lot; enough to create an illusion of Kuroo being there a lot more than he really was. 

In a few streams Kuroo mentioned that he didn't like being in videos too much because he wasn't very confident in his English, while Kenma was quite proficient in comparison. However, the commenters and Kenma himself always reassured him; his pronunciation and knowledge was more than enough for him to be understood. However, none of the encouragement would stop Kuroo from eventually phasing himself out of streaming altogether. 

"Alright. Well, I have (Y/N) with me now." Kenma added, hence you felt the need to pipe up and say, "Hi, it's nice to meet you."

"Oh!" Kuroo exclaimed, and as he walked, the angle at which he held his phone tilted upwards slightly to reveal his jaw and mouth. He looked a lot like he did in his videos; it was comforting to know he didn't use any editing magic. "Hi, (Y/N). It's nice to meet you too. Thank you for agreeing to do this video with me. Once I get to my car we can talk money." He laughs, and you can't help but notice — now that you've connected the dots — that his English has improved so much, you'd think he's a native. "So, Kenma tells me you like the jet?"