Lo'ak having to leave his human!bestfriend behind in Pandora

Headcannons

→ When Lo'ak found out you couldn't go with him, he first felt heartbroken, but then became angry. He shouted at his dad as to why you can't go with them, but you knew it was best, and deep down so did he.

→ On the last day of being in pandora, he only wanted to spend it with you.

→ You both spent hours running freely around the forests, laughing with eachother, and enjoying eachothers company.

→ But when the final realisation hit the both of you, sadness once again washed over, and you both just layed beside eachother on the ground, taking in the last of each other's presence.

→ Jake finds you both later that night huddled together, Lo'aks tail resting over your lower thigh, your head turned in towards his neck and his body securely turned in towards yours.

→ He brings you both back to the haven, where you both stay sound asleep.

→ When the time arrives in the morning, he does not want to leave you. But you reassure him its for the best.

→ "You cannot stay here for me"

→ "But I want to"

→ "Go, Lo'ak, I will come find you"

→ Lo'ak eventually goes with his family, knowing that you will stick to your word. You will come find him.

→ At first arrival of the Metkayina, Lo'ak felt unsafe without you.

→ He was at unease, and his family could tell.

→ Throughout his stay, from learning to control his lungs underwater, to losing Neteyam in the fight against the colonel, he needed you.

Short imagine

Lo'ak felt lost. After laying his brother with the ocean na'vis ancestors, he knew it was his home. It was a quiet day, him and his parents sitting in their home, as kiri and tuk played in the water.

As Lo'ak sat beside Jake, he saw something appear in the sky. It was a helicopter, from the labs back in pandora. Jake and Neytiri stood up, pulling the attention of the girls away from the water, and towards the sky.

Jake and Neytiri made their way to the shore, where all the clan were stood about cautiously, some with weapons raised. Jake nodded at Tonowari, and he ordered for his clan to lower their weapons. Lo'ak was still confused, and then it hit him.

You had come to find him.

Jake smiled down at his son with his hand on Lo'aks shoulder, as you stepped down from the helicopter, scanning the crowd for Lo'ak. Lo'ak swiftly pulled away from his dad and sprinted towards you at full speed.

Before you even had a chance to really look at the boy, he had you in his arms, his grasp tight around your body. He swung you around, not wanting to let you go. You laughed as he placed you back on the ground, you finally being able to look at him in the eyes, your hands placed loosely on his waist, his clinging to your forearms.

"You found me" Lo'ak said with a smile

"I found you" you replied

You gaze turned to the rest of the sully family, as Tuk ran towards you, Kiri not far behind.

"Y/N!" They both shouted, tackling you in a massive hug. Lo'ak is quick to put his arms beneath you to stablise you from the two excited girls, Tuk wrapping her arms around your legs. You softly smiled at Jake and Neytiri behind the girls heads, them smiling back.

Alternative endings, one may hurt more than the other

1. Once the girls got their hugs in and you were greeted and welcomed by the clan, Lo'ak pulled you away, to show you your new home. You were able to stay with them due to new technology that had been developed back at the lab, and he, and you, were both finally at peace.

2. You scanned the crowd of people once more, past Jake and Neytiri, your eyes failing to fall on the one person that was missing.

"Wait, where is Neteyam?"