"You are not a failure"- Lo'ak

Anon: Heyy, I love your writing, and saw you do requests. Could you do one of a female OC comforting Loak when he feels like a disappointment?

AN: Kinda rushed because its late and I have school tomorrow, but thanks for the request, hope you enjoy!

"Kiri! Spider! The war party's coming back! Come on! come on!" You hear Tuk shout , before running over to where you were sat threading fabrics with a friend of yours. Completely disregarding that you were in the middle of doing something, she tugged on your arm lightly trying to get you up.

"Mawey, Tuk, I am coming" you say with a chuckle. You probably won't be able to find your place again, but you didn't care, it was Tuk. You could never get annoyed at Tuk. You got up, dusted your legs off, and walked behind, her hand now clinging to yours.

You hadn't expressed your excitement to Tuk in the moment, but you were looking forward to seeing them all back , especially Lo'ak. You were together, and both felt strong connections to the other. Everyone saw it, and everyone knew that you were meant for each other. They all knew that you were the perfect person for Lo'ak, as he found comfort in you. Not that he would ever admit it. You prayed to eywa that he felt of you to be worthy as his mate, as nothing would make you happier.

Once you came to where the hunting party had all landed their Ikrans, Tuk let go of your hand to run over to Neytiri, her mother wrapping her arms around her daughter in a warm embrace. You walked over to the Ikrans to check and tend to them, and overheard Jake's firm voice calling Neteyam and Lo'ak to stand infront of him. Neteyam was covered in dirt, with his head down so you couldn't read his face, whilst Lo'ak had a look of nothing else but guilt, ith a few red marks on his shoulders. You didn't interfere with the situation, as Jake seemed pretty angry at the two. But you stayed close, both you and spider secretly keeping an ear out. 

"You're suppose to be spotters, you spot bogeys and you call them in. From a distance! Does any of this sound familiar?" Jake says in fustration, "Get here!" He shouts you Lo'ak, pointing infront of him, Lo'ak slowly walking towards his father.

"Jesus I let you two fly a mission and you disobey direct orders" Jake carries on, getting closer to the two sully boys. Jake dismisses Kiri and Tuk to go help Mo'at with the wounded, and Kiri brings it to your attention that Neteyam was wounded himself.

"Sir, I take full responsibility" Neteyam interjects, holding a hand up to his father to respectfully silence him. After that you zone out, knowing without even looking at either of the boys, that  Neteyam was covering for his younger brother. Neytiri eventually takes Neteyam away to get tended to, leaving Lo'ak with a personal scolding from Jake. You hear it all, Lo'aks head now hanging low , facing the ground. Jake mutters something to him, and walks off towards the tents.

With a roll of his eyes, Lo'ak starts to walk away. You jog to go after him, placing your hand around is arm before he reaches his families tent. Before you get a chance to call his name, he spins around, tugging his arm away in the process. As his eyes meet you, you see his faintly soften, and you understand he wasn't aware of it being you. He stays stood in front of you, as you search his eyes.

"Lo'ak, are you okay?" you ask softly, your voice hinting him towards the worry you feel.

"I don't know" he says, looking down.

You have never gotten such an answer from Lo'ak when you ask, so you were slightly taken aback. You were aware of how recently, Lo'ak and his father had been arguing. You weren't stupid either, and knew how Jake was just scared that something would happen to him one day, and would blame himself for it, but you also knew what Jake didn't, and that was that Lo'ak just wanted to prove himself to his father. Lo'ak had expressed to you before about how he felt like the disappointment of the family, but you were always there to reassure him that that was not the case.

"Lo'ak" you say you him, just above a whisper, He doesn't respond, only stand there looking at his feet.

"Lo'ak?" you question this time, dipping your head to look t his face. He sighs, and his eyes droop.

"I am a failure Y/n" he mutters. You heart breaks at this, as you take a hold of his hands, tugging at them slightly to get him to look at you.

"Lo'ak, you are not a failure. Jake is just hard on you, that is all."

"No Y/n, you don't get it! He won't-" he says, a crack in his voice evident. He stops himself, once again hanging his head low. 

"Lo'ak, you are not a failure, you are good enough. Your father just wants you to be safe." you explain to him calmly. "You are becoming a strong leader, and he is just hesitant in seeing that because he doesn't want you to get hurt. He is not disappointed, or ashamed, or anything like that. He loves you, just as much as he loves Neteyam, Kiri, and Tuk. Just give it time."

Lo'ak stays quiet.

"Please?" you ask almost in despair, You hate seeing him like this.

Lo'ak subtly nods, squeezing your hand ever so slightly. From that tiny hint of affection, you are reassured that he will. For you.