Chapter 9

I do not own TVD

Madeline smiled when she walked up the steps to the place she always felt safe in, it was hidden from anyone's view, not only by the cover of the trees but by a spell she had used. It was an idea she had after reading the Harry Potter books and she managed to find a way, with the help of James and Cheryl, the Fernandez twins, to recreate the Fidelius charm. She tested it out on the Fort and it worked, Caroline hadn't been able to see it until she gave her the location it was in, so other than the two sisters, no one could see the Fort.

It had started off as nothing but a few wooden pieces stuck together to make a small cottage only big enough for the two to sit on two logs underneath and just talk about anything. (It looked like the cottage in 'Anne with an e' where the friends used to go sometimes, if you've watched it) During the years the more they visited, the more magic Madeline had put into it, making it their own little hideaway, it was now a house for them and they both loved it here, especially the swimming pool Madeline had managed to fit in right at the top.

Madeline had also designed Caroline's bedroom as a surprise and she had been ecstatic when she had seen it,  hers was the complete opposite, where Caroline had a light room with a pink fluffy bed, and an all together cozy room, Madeline's was black and red with AC/DC posters on the walls. They were the complete opposites but they loved each other.

Madeline went into her room and stripped off her bloodied clothes and had a shower, making sure not to press too hard where the stick had gone through, it was still a tad tender

Madeline went into her room and stripped off her bloodied clothes and had a shower, making sure not to press too hard where the stick had gone through, it was still a tad tender. She then dried off and changed into a tank top and shorts before collapsing into her bed exhausted after the tiring day she'd had.

Waking up screaming from another nightmare was the norm for her so she tried not to let it affect her as she finished her morning routine and went downstairs to make herself some food, which was still stocked, probably from Caroline's last visit here. She made herself a cup of coffee before going outside on the deck, sitting down in the comfy swing positioned outside.

Once she was done with her coffee and just enjoying the peaceful environment, she figured she'd go and meet everyone and check on Caroline as well so she went upstairs and quickly changed into dark blue jean shorts, a red and black checkered shit tied into a knot an inch above the shorts showing a bit of the white of her stomach.