Chapter 11

I do not own TVD

Madeline woke up in the morning and was in disbelief at what had happened last night. She couldn't believe herself. Did she have too much to drink? Normally she doesn't, she really hated drinking but she wanted to have some fun with the others yesterday so she took a few shots, maybe she shouldn't have. Maybe she wouldn't have been so loose-lipped if she hadn't, but at least she hadn't told him about that. But hours had passed since she'd drunk at the barbecue, she should have been sober so what was wrong with her? It hadn't even been a stranger that she'd told, she told someone who had made it clear that he heated her, he'd killed her for God's sake, he'd try to kill Caroline. Had she been on drugs when she'd basically spouted out most of her story

He had been nice about it though. He'd even told her about himself. They'd had a good time so maybe it wasn't all that bad. Ok, no. Stupid Madeline. Stupid Madeline. A few nice words doesn't change what happened. What if he changes his mind and tells everyone? No, they'd made a deal, she needs to calm down. She got out of bed and did her morning routine before she curled her hair in waves before letting it flow down her back.

She then put the usual glamour on her scars before she wore a crop top jumper and black jeans with a cute belt she had. She then put on her black and white checkered trainers and hung the locket around her neck before she left the house. Jen had told her about the Volunteer day or whatever it was so she was just going to go and pay a visit, it was an excuse to get outside the house and go somewhere other than Mystic Grill so why not.

 Jen had told her about the Volunteer day or whatever it was so she was just going to go and pay a visit, it was an excuse to get outside the house and go somewhere other than Mystic Grill so why not

When she arrived, she heard Carol Lockwood giving a speech, she had a good relationship with her when she'd been younger because of her friendship with Carol. She only disliked her for the fact that she hadn't been that involved in Tyler's life, and he deserved better. 

She looked around for any familiar face and spotted Mason talking with Stefan and it looked tense so she made her way over there concerned.

"If you and Damon keep at each other throats, somebody innocent is going to get hurt and I don't want that. You have family here so I can imagine you'd want that either. So what do you say we just quit the whole alpha male fighting thing and call a truce?" She heard Stefan say to him.

"I made that same offer to your brother. He turned it down with a knife," Mason said as she walked up to them and Mason was quick to pull her closer to him and away from Stefan.

"He made a mistake. I'm here to make sure that neither one of you make another one," Stefan said placatingly.

"Tell your brother to watch his back," Mason said and Madeline internally groaned, this was not going to end well. Antagonizing a wolf is a stupid thing to do but taking on a vampire when it wasn't a full moon was even more stupid. Stefan then grabbed Mason's arm who put his other around her pushing her back.

"Well, I'm guessing that he only has to worry about that during a full moon. Otherwise you're not as strong, am I right? Or you would have killed Damon by now. There's one of you. There's two of us. I think you're the one that needs to watch his back," Stefan threatened.