☆ 3

"And where have you been Dudley?" Vernon asked from the kitchen. 

Dudley didn't answer immediately as he wanted to get Clover out of Vernon's view point.

"Dudley?"

"Dad."

"Have you seen the brat?"

"Of course not." Dudley said disgusted. "Was I supposed to be looking for it?" He called as he lead them both upstairs.

Vernon chuckled loudly. "I just wondered Duddikins - " The boy tensed up slightly. "She wasn't here to make dinner."

"Ahh - I'm sure the stupid brat will come back." Petunia said. "Dumbledore was very clear about her directions." She said as if expecting Dudley not to be still listening. 

Dudley unlocked Clover's door and pushed her in there - like completely forgetting she could barely function. "Dudley - " She hissed lowly.

"Oops."

"If I die I swear - " 

"You'll personally come and haunt me?"

"Exactly!" She snapped.

"Its not that bad."

"Its bad." She snapped and moved over to her bed, where she dropped down on to it exhausted. "I don't wanna wake up after today."

Dudley just stared at her and didn't response.

Clover groaned and pointed to her door. "Kindly get out now."

Dudley rolled his eyes and walked out.

♡July.15th.1996

Clover didn't know what she was doing sitting in the cafe a little ways away from No.4. She had the biggest temptation to just drop her head on the table but she wanted to look normal; as normal as you could get being a witch in the muggle world.

She drank her coffee in silence; she was glad that she had gotten some spare money from her trust vault in Gringotts and made sure she could use it in the muggle world. 

Clover leaned forward a bit and sighed - of course, she didn't notice someone enter the cafe - or maybe it was because she was too tired to look up.

"For someone that's their savior you seem pretty exhausted." Said a soft voice above her. She didn't respond at first but then she recognized the name and squeaked - she jumped slightly and almost fell off the chair.  

"Do be careful Potter," The women spoke, sitting down across from her.

Clover blinked at her at a complete lost. She had never seen Lady Slytherin in public - much less in muggle clothes. 

"Who are you and what have you done with the Dark Lady?" She sputtered out.

Slytherin simply chuckled. "She hasn't went anywhere I've just decided to change my views a bit."

"Huh?" Clover asked and blinked in confusion. What was she talking about? Clover was aware that the Death Eaters hadn't really been trying to kill her friends at the ministry a little less than a month earlier but still. Not attacking her?

"I don't want you dead Potter." Slytherin said simply as she crossed her hands in front of her, placing one on top of the other.

"Why?"

"Because no one deserves to get abused and I won't tolerate letting your relatives live." Slytherin said softly. "Not to mention I would much prefer to get rid of Dumbledore."