Sweet Little Star (Steven Universe)

A/N: For Slenderlyn2404! I'm very sorry for the wait-

Summary: Steven spends the day in babyspace with Sardonyx!

Steven's little age is 1 and this takes place during Steven Universe Future!

~*~

"How are you doing today, Steven?" Pearl asked as she strummed the bass she was playing. She was sitting outside with Garnet and Steven. Amethyst was off doing her own thing. "I'm doing okay today!" The boy grinned. And it wasn't a lie. He was okay.

Steven started seeing a therapist to help him cope with his PTSD. His therapist even helped him find a good coping mechanism. Littlespace. It helped Steven feel happy, safe, calm, and less stressed and anxious.

Steven tended to regress often, sometimes when upset or stressed. The gems knew, and looked after after Steven when he slipped. He sometimes slipped very young, often to only a year old. Pearl and Garnet often fused into Sardonyx to care for him.

"That's good." Garnet smiled, ruffling Steven's curly hair. Steven nodded, his mind beginning to feel fuzzy. He sometimes slipped into littlespace randomly. The gems thought little Steven was adorable. They also cared for him as a baby ages ago.

Steven started absently sucking on his jacket sleeve. He sometimes did this when he was close to slipping. "Looks like Steven is going to slip, should we fuse now, Garnet?" Pearl asked the taller gem. "Yes, we should." Garnet replied with a nod.

Steven watched as Pearl and Garnet danced together before fusing into Sardonyx. Steven had slipped by that time and was now sucking on his thumb. "Well, hello my little star!" Sardonyx picked up Steven with ease. She was very tall!

Steven's eyes lit up as the half-gem babbled excitedly. "S-Sawda!" He tried to say Sardonyx, but often had trouble speaking when he was this small. He tended to babble and make noises, or sometimes, he put together small words.

"Such a dear, did you miss me?" She took the baby into the temple and changed him into a diaper and a pink onesie with blue and yellow stars on it, as well as a pacifier to match. "Aba!" Steven cooed in response, he hadn't seen Sardonyx in a few days.

"There we go, sweet thing! Aren't you just the cutest? I could eat you all up!" Sardonyx tickled the little one. Steven giggled and squealed at the playful gesture. He them whimpered softly. Sardonyx frowned. "Hey now, little Charmer, what's wrong?"

Steven pointed to the kitchen, and Sardonyx figured out he probably wanted milk. She carried the baby effortlessly to the kitchen. He fit in her palm. The giant gem filled a blue and yellow bottle with cold milk, before going to the rocking chair.

She sat in the rocking chair with Steven in her lap and carefully fed him the milk, which he drank. "Is that good stuff, little one?" Steven babbled in response once he finished the bottle and the pacifier was popped back into his mouth.

Sardonyx smiled and used one of her four arms to tickle Steven under his chin, which he loved! "Such a soft and squishy baby!" She lightly bounced the little in her lap. Steven cooed. "Bouncy!" Sardonyx awed. "That's right, little charmer!" She cooed.

Sardonyx grabbed some keys. Steven loved them as a baby and loved them now in littlespace. Sardonyx jingled the keys, and Steven giggled before trying to reach them. "Abababa! Abu!" Sardonyx chuckled. "What a dear you are!" She smiled.

She then told Steven some jokes. He didn't understand them, but he laughed. When in littlespace, Steven was very clingy, playful, shy, giggly, and sweet. He cuddled up to Sardonyx and hugged her finger. "Sawdonyx!" The fusion held him and cooed at him, smiling softly.

Steven giggled more and sucked on his pacifier. He then yawned, ready for his nap. Sardonyx carried him to his room. He had a crib with a mobile. He was laid in the crib. "Mmm..." The baby whined. H3 wanted his blanket and lion plushie.

Sardonyx wrapped Steven in his baby blanket that had stars, moons, and hearts. She also gave him his pink lion plushie. Steven babbled sleepily and yawned. He felt Sardonyx use her giant finger to stroke his hair. He lulled off to sleep immediately.

"Sleep well, little star..."

Baby Steven fell asleep, warm and safe. He loved being this small. And Sardonyx loved caring for him. This was Steven's main coping mechanism and it helped him very much. He loved it, and his family loved it. He was just so precious and sweet!

Like a little star...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I hope you like this adorable chapter! I absolutely love little Steven!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I hope you like this adorable chapter! I absolutely love little Steven!

~Kittymasterofall14
🥰😍😘😊😇🤣😺😻😸💖💋❣️🐢🐰🐭🍕🏳️‍🌈