3. Fated Meeting

"YVONNE! YVONNE VALENZA!? ARE YOU IN THERE?" A knock was heard on the door once more. I was startled by the traumatizing voices by the door. It seems that now I developed fears of the sounds of doorbells.

How scary.

I made no sound and quickly hid under the covers, pretending to not be at home. Holding a pistol in my hand, I stayed quiet and listened in for the voice once more.

How many uninvited guests does this woman get anyway? So annoying. I rolled my eyes and waited for more voices.

But there was no more voices after the knocking.

Did they go away?

I sighed in relief and tip-toed to the door to peek through the door hole. Nothing. Nobody was there in the empty hall. Wait... was that a package that was left for me?

Outside the door was a big caramel packaged box, waiting to be picked up. But nobody was around the doorway. Or maybe... that's what they wanted me to believe...

Of course, I didn't open the door and retreated back immediately. Like hell I wanted myself to be killed! There could have been an assassin waiting in the blindspots who could attack me?

But why bait me? This damn situation was so scary.

Was there a bomb for me inside the package when I opened it?

SHIT.

I wanted to call the police or cry for my mother.

But Yvonne couldn't do any of that.

She couldn't call the police, nor did she have a mother. I didn't know about Yvonne's backstory, as she was only a mob villain character who simped for the villain and got in the female lead's way.

Seeing that there was no one visible from the door, I quickly ran to the window and spied through the drapes. There was no weird group of men or anything, just a normal delivery truck that drove away after delivering the package.

That was all... quite dramatic.

I sighed when the truck left my sight.

***

***

IT HAS BEEN FIVE DAYS living as Yvonne Valenza. Time sure flies fast here, in this world. I hadn't opened my door or gone outside my apartment for the rest of the time I was here though. I didn't interact with any other human being other than myself.

It is like living a life of a hikikomori.

Sleep. Eat. Watch TV. Search through Yvonne's apartment. Become Paranoid. Eat. Sleep.

Before, in my previous life, I would have done everything to live like a NEET in my apartment. But now, this situation was dampening.

Even my appearance as the beautiful Yvonne Valenza started to slowly degrade. Dark bags formed under my eyes, my face turned more pale and skinny, and my energy level seemed to be under the floor.

But today was different.

There was no food in the refrigerator. Ah... F*ck. Are you serious?

That meant... I was either starving myself to death or dying by some other random delivery guy.

There was no way I was leaving this damn apartment. God knows... what if other people tried attacking me outside? Ganged up on me?

Should I disguise myself? I looked through Yvonne's closet to find absolutely nothing fit for shopping. All of them were either lingerie, club dresses, assassin armors, or a regular formal suit.