《XV》

Subsequent to having gotten some fresh apples and oranges, Eztia continued striding and striding around when she caught a sight of the backyard of someone's house -- or hanok -- that caused her step to come to a stop. She did not know that there was a house near the forest. But wait… was she perhaps close to the capital now? She felt as if she did not go that far from her home… or did she?

In the end, Eztia shrugged; oh well, it was not like she paid mind to it -- she meant, there was no dangerous thing, right? In addition, she was curious with regard to how the Koreans' living in this kind of era, was it the same as the one that was shown in drama or manhwa she had watched or read? She was really curious! Luckily for her, there were a lot of bushes and some trees, she could hide there and watch them.

Nevertheless, as she proceeded to approach so that she could get a clearer view, what greeted her eyesight was something that she totally did not expect. There, lying on his side on a mat, was the other important character in the manhwa she was transported into in the current, it was none other than Seungho Yoon.

But it was not only his unexpected existence that made Eztia's eyes go wide, his appearance, too. He was all beaten up, his face was sort of reddened and there were bruises, a black eye, and his nose was bleeding!

All of a sudden, Eztia raised her hand and touched her chest, an ache emerging in her heart as well as a sick feeling emerging within her in consequence of the sight and remembering the character's past.

Okay, according to her friend that had read all of this kind of manhwas she was in now, Seungho got the beating from he was pre-teen until he was in the age where he could almost be called a man. So -- if Nakyum was fifteen, Seungho must be around nineteen or twenty, then… that meant the beating Seungho received must have passed for six or seven years!

Yo bro, that was very long of a beating!

Seeing from how his appearance was, there was no doubt that no one was allowed to give him at least a single food, and this made Eztia more angrier at a certain person than ever before she chose to brush off her anger and make herself focus on what was occurencing now. She glanced at the fruits she had gathered, then at the male character that was lying there. Letting out a breath and taking it back, she slowly neared herself towards him after she made sure that there were no people in sight and once her feet touched the mat, she started to crouch down.

Now -- with a much clearer view, Eztia could not help but tear up slightly at how severe the injuries were, she felt as if the previous wounds and bruises of his were not even treated and ignored.

With the male character, however, he got woken up as soon as his hearing apprehended that someone was coming closer to him and he already expected for another beating that would be sent towards him, so he kept his eyes closed. But he was wrong, so wrong.

Hands touched his face gently, making him surprised for a moment, and the owner of the hands lifted his head before they put his head on… something soft…? -- he did not know what thing the person used as a cushion, all he knew was that the thing was rather comfortable for his head to lay on.

He heard something was being wetted due to the little sound of splashing water before the person wiped his face with the wetted cloth -- he assumed -- and rubbed on some places that had dried blood, such as around forehead, temple, cupid's bow, chin, and more. Done with the dried blood, the person must have taken something, opened it, and started applying some… smooth oily-like on his wounds and bruises, he assumed that it was ointment.