《XVI》

As Inhun continued to ponder about his strange thoughts, he was brought back to reality by the sound of footsteps approaching. He raised his head up to see Eztia together with Nakyum returning while they were holding onto a few pillows and blankets.

"Here you go, Inhun. These are for you." Eztia said as she handed him the bedding before she turned to Nakyum. "And these are for you, my dear."

"Thank you, Eztia!" Nakyum exclaimed happily, then he became fidgety, which made the jet black haired young woman confused by the sudden change of his behavior. "Um, Eztia, I'm a little scared to sleep alone. Can I please sleep beside you?"

Apprehending that he asked her if he could sleep with her, Inhun raised an eyebrow in disbelief as he watched the scene unfold. He could tell that the boy was trying to make him jealous and realize that he could not do what he did with Eztia, yet he found it rather ridiculous that Nakyum was resorting to such tactics. He was certain that the young woman could see through the obvious act. However, unfortunately for him, she did not seem to notice it as she bent her upper body slightly and patted the boy's head whilst she beamed gently.

"Of course, you can, Nakyum." Eztia said, then she straightened up her posture and turned to face Inhun. "Is that okay with you, Sir Inhun?"

Inhun was a bit startled when the young woman turned towards him. Progressing her words in his mind, Inhun was hesitant for a moment and unsure of how to respond. On one hand, he did not want to appear like he was indeed jealous, but on the other hand, he also did not want to appear like he was fine with the boy getting too close to Eztia.

He could not help but purse his lips as he contemplated it. He moved his attention to look at Nakyum and felt one of the corners of his eyes twitch in annoyance once he saw the expression on his face. It seemed that he was mocking him. He did not care whether he was a child or not now, and all he thought at that time was two could play that game.

"Yes, but if you don't mind, can I also sleep in the same room with you? I know it's rather inappropriate of me to request such a thing, but Nakyum is still a teenager, you see, and I want him to at least behave." Inhun lifted the corners of his mouth when he saw that Eztia was pondering about it. As he received a nod along with a shy smile from her, he nodded his head at her and thanked her.

Noticing that she brought some other things, Inhun extended a hand. "Here, let me help you with those."

"Huh?" Perplexed, Eztia glanced at the things she carried before she shook her head in an immediate way. "Oh, no, you don't have to. You're my guest. I can't possibly let you do that."

"I insist, Eztia."

Hearing those words the bespectacled man uttered, Eztia could not help but freeze in where she stood as a memory of a certain dark plum purple haired male came into mind, and for a moment, she swore that she hallucinated the certain male was in front of her to which she quickly snapped herself by blinking and shaking her head slightly.

What was that about? Eztia furrowed her brows, but then she heard Inhun calling out her name in worry and grasping her upper limbs that made her tilt her head up and gaze at the young man's green-gray coloured irises that were looking directly at hers through his round glasses.

The young woman breathed a sigh and gave a small smile. "I'm fine, Sir Inhun. Just a small headache suddenly appeared." She informed, raising one of her hands to massage her temple.