Day One, Morning

DAY 1

California woke up early in the morning. He always did. But he wanted to be super ready for this meeting.

He was told he needed to be presented well, which meant he didn't have to go wearing armor.

He went for a plain white shirt, red and black patched over coat, and black pants.

He had a small breakfast, as the butterflies in his stomach grew wilder as time went on.

Once he left his home on the edge of town, he headed towards the castle, on his way, he met up with New York.

"Hey Cal."

"Good morning, New York."

A silence quickly fell over them. California knows New York would rather be by himself, but California needed someone to talk to.

"Do you know what the meeting is about?"

"No [speaks New york] clue."

They continue walking in silence until they reach the group waiting outside the door, a few sitting on the stairs.

Greetings are exchanged between everyone and small talk begins.

California sits next to Louisiana and they both stare at the sun rising across the land, bringing a golden hue to the buildings and land alike.

"So Goldie locks-"

California scoffs at the nickname, but Louisiana is kind of the only one who normally talks to him, so what's the point of arguing over a silly nickname?

"Yeah?"

"IF ya had to choose a prince to marry, who would it be? And ya have to choose."

California thought on the question.

Georgia is probably more someone New York would like. Doesn't mind not talking and loves drinking till blackout drunk to actually make conversation.

Florida… nah can't take him. Someone already has their eyes on him.

Washington is a maybe… no one really knows much about him, similar to Alaska.

Last is Texas. And that is definitely a no with Cal.

"Washington. Maybe…"

The door behind them opens and everyone turns around.

Their captain stands at the entrance, tall, and everyone stands to greet him.

"At ease. Sorry to keep you waiting. Come in."

Everyone follows the captain in and is told to wait until further instruction.

When the doors opened across the room, everyone looked up.

Of course it was the princes.

Each of them sat down, and the captain came up beside everyone.

"With the ball coming up in a month, the king thought it would be best if you had your guards earlier so you could get along."

He then directed his next part to the knights.

"Get to know them, maybe learn how to dance so that you may actually enjoy the party, and please be on the lookout."

Hawai'i was the first to speak up.

"Do we get to choose?"

"Sorry, they've already been assigned.

"New York you are going with Georgia, Hawai'i you are with Alaska, Oregon you're with Washington, Louisiana you are with Florida, and California… you are with Texas."