Part 5

As the company walks the terrain some dwarves begin chatting with the Satyr. They also introduced themselves once more and she learned their names quicker than usual.

"You have nothing else, lass?" Dwalin asks as she steps by his side.

"All I eat are leaves and other things nature can provide. I also got my antlers to fight with and my bow. I am all set as I can be." Dwalin nods and silence fills between them. "I am curious as to why Thorin hates my guts when I did nothing ill to him."

"He is a closed-off after years. Give him time lass and show you have loyalty, and he will soon trust you."

"Thanks, warrior." Dwalin eyes widen, and she smiles at him before leaping in three great bounds to stand with the brothers Fili and Kili.

"Iris, do you not eat meat?" Kili asks suddenly.

"Well, the only meat I would eat would be fish. Most would be berries and leaves and bark." She responds and the brothers tell tales of their adventures in the blue mountains. She learns that the two are sons of Thorin's sister. She sees how sad they are in leaving their mother to join their uncle, but she notes the happiness in learning to be princes from Thorin. Kili is keener on getting his uncle's approval.

She falls back once the brothers begin chatting with each other. Bilbo comes to her side to ask more about her kin. She tells him of how they would wrestle like two mountain goats banging their antlers against each other.

"You must have plenty of headaches." Iris laughs wholeheartedly lifting everyone's spirits.

"Well only for a second before we bang our heads again. Our horns and antlers take most of the punch vibrating."

"Ouch." Iris chuckle and begin chatting with Ori who is drawing her and getting all info he can.

"Aye, lass!" Gloin calls and she jumps light stepping on the rocks over. "I heard Satyrs have a high sex drive."

The dwarves freeze including Iris. Blinking, she opens and closes her mouth like a fish. The dwarves turn to pause in their path to listen to her answer.

"Um, hehe, uh that uh...hehe..um yes we do but uh ..." she was caught off guard by that question so bluntly said. "Can we talk about something else or just never talk about that again?"

"Why? Do you not want to warn us of your wild breed?" Thorin's gruff response has Iris's eyes widen. Gulping, she looks over the curious dwarves and tries to think of something but nothing comes to mind. She really was caught off guard.

"Um, no it is just ...uh...i...um...I..." she just goes quiet and walks off leading down a path not answering them. A huge red blush on her face and the tips of her ears show she is extremely embarrassed. Nobody was bold enough to ask and when they do it is quite a delicate thing to speak about.

"Best not ask again lads. It is a delicate topic it seems." Balin speaks trying to distract the attention of the young satyr. She may be taller than them but there still are things she may not know of.

Thorin finds himself staring at the Satyr even as they set up camp to rest. She has her arms wrapped around her chest and she sits balancing on the branch of a low tree they held camp. Her tail hangs loosely beside her. Her eyes are not meeting anyone's and she still has a blush on her face. Perhaps it is a sensitive topic for her to talk about.

"Balin, Dwalin, do you two know anything about it?" Thorin asks wanting an answer. He sees at the side of his vision her right ear lifting and turning toward them.

"Satyrs do have a high sex drive. They are most dangerous when the males are in heat. Their hormones take over half their minds and they become stubborn and wild. They would turn into ferocious beasts grunting and in foul moods, you do not want to anger them. A female would be tense and in a bad mood, but they have more control over their hormones." Balin educates the company watching slightly the youngling reaction. She doesn't move, not even a single twitch.