Part 13

A day possibly passes, and the dwarves are losing faith in ever getting out. The elf king did surprise them when he walked down and spoke to the female.

"I will give you one more chance. Tell me what you are." The king looks at the hoofed creature.

"And for the last time, go to hell and fuck an orc. I will not tell you what I am. I have a right to never tell, and I hold myself to it." The king narrows his eyes and turns to head back to his throne. "Oh, and king you will never get those jewels." He pauses. "You know why? Because you aren't letting us go and even if you did, we won't give them to you due to your selfishness of turning your back on us for years."

"You are not a dwarf." He walks back.

"No. And you are no king. Not a good one anyway."

"What would you know?"

"Oh, I know far more than you can comprehend Thran." The elf king's eyes narrow some more and he walks off irked by the female.

He sets off to the library in search of some answers and he almost gave up when an image the same as the female showed up in wild creatures like skin changers. She is a satyr. A young female that has yet to be claimed. The last it seems. It still does not help him. Reading some more he finds her weakness. Two weaknesses.

In the dungeon, Thorin and Iris have spent their time sitting and leaning on each other. A strum of music reaches her ears lifting them up. Soft tune filters through and her eyes widen. Thorin looks at his love as she rises and walks to the bars.

"T-thorin." He leaped on his feet in worry.

"What is it?"

"I think Thranduil found out what I am."

"What do you mean?" he watches her nose twitch and she walks away from the bars.

"There are only two weaknesses to Satyrs. Music of a lyre the small harp and theses special desserts. If the music is played on the right tune that appeals to my taste, I will lose control over my body. Oh god, this is bad."

"You must be strong Iris. You can block it out."

"Easier said than done."

"We're never going to reach the mountain, are we?" Iris's heart weeps for the dwarves until a new scent blocks the attractive one.

"Not stuck in here you're not." She pulls a mad grin on her face.

"Bilbo! Oh, you angel!" Bilbo chuckles as his face is almost squished from Iris's hands between the bars. He unlocks the door and accepts the hug from her.

"Ssh, there are guards nearby." He hushes the dwarves who cheer. Bilbo goes on to unlock everyone's cell door before leading them down. "No, no, this way."

Iris hugs Bilbo behind kissing him on the cheek before following happily. She tries very much not to let her hooves clomp on the wood. They follow Bilbo all the way down to the cellar.

"Bilbo, you are not suggesting we are to get drunk?" Iris asks unsure what the hobbit's intention was.

"Get in the barrels, please you have to trust me." Bilbo and Iris look at Thorin. He has more command of the company. Sending a smile at them, he look to his kin.

"Do as he says." The dwarves and even Satyr get in the barrels.

"What do we do now?" Bofur questions summoning all of their heads out to look at the hobbit.

"Hold your breath." Bilbo pushes a huge steel handle and the platform under them tilts. The barrels spin and they fall into the water before floating up. Iris mistakenly spits out the collected water in her mouth on Thorin's face. His expression made her burst out laughing.

"Sorry, dear." She chuckles still amused with the face Thorin made.

"Hm." She chuckles as he hums and looks up as Bilbo comes down. The water brings them out and to a rushing river. Spluttering around, Iris grips the wooden barrel with her fingernails digging in the wood. She doesn't like swimming very much.

She does sigh when the dwarves have emerged and are caught. A horn blast out and Thorin cursing in her ear turn her attention to the closing gate doors. She curses as well and begins climbing out to go and open the gate. Kili had the same idea but she drags his shirt into the barrel.

"Iris!" Giving him a scolded pointed look, he stays not wanting to see her angry again and helps her climb on. Orcs have arrived and she bangs her skull against many trying to get in her way. She bends back and jumps as orcs try to shoot her down. Flipping onto the higher platform, she jumps on the handle opening the gates below allowing the barrels to swim further downstream.

"Iris!" Kili screams at her and she growls once pain flares in her thigh. Looking down, she sees she has been hit with one of the black poisoned arrows. Glaring at Azog's son, she notches an arrow and moves as an orc gets into her view. She pulls back and shoots. He cries but the arrow doesn't hurt him. Dammnit.

She leaps into the water and swims after the barrels. Her bow and quiver floated beside her. Her hands grip the barrel of Oin and give him a smile.

"Stay down." He does and she ducks her head as another arrow shoots at them.

A figure catches her attention and she chuckles at the prince. She figured he is Legalos, Thranduil's son when she stood with Thorin in the throne room. The similarities between father and son are looks but Iris knows his heart is that of his mother. She laughs as Legolas jumps on the dwarf's head to cross the river and take out the orcs. she did the same except on their shoulders. Hooves against a skull hurt.

"Help me up Oin." The healer does and she balances on the barrel edges. She grabs her bow and she too shoots the orcs as many as she can. Growling as arrows skim her legs. Why do they have to shoot at her legs!? She shakes that question off, glad they aren't trying to shoot her heart.

Bending, she takes out three orcs that were sneaking behind Legolas. He turns to see her and she smiles winking at him. He nods in respect and soon the river takes them out of Thranduil's realm. The only issue now is dealing with the poisoned arrow in her thigh. She needs kingsfoil to fight off infection and the black poison. The next place to go would be the human town to get some of the plant. Time to fight another battle.