Joining the Band

"Ride 'em cowboy away." Tod says happily as he, Alexis, and Copper are riding the merry go round.

"You okay Copper?" Alexis asks as she notices Copper looking sick.

"Yeah I think so. Not sure how I feel about all this up and down stuff though." Copper says as Alexis playfully rolls her eyes and nuzzles him.

"This is the most fun ever." Tod says happily.

"Second most fun ever." The lead band dog says.

"Mr. Cash." Copper says as Cash begins running beside them.

"I saw how blissful you looked singin'. That had to be the best time you ever had." Cash says.

"Oh for sure." Copper says happily before Cash gets on the ride next to them.

"Well now we can't let nothin' get in the way of that. How'd you like to join the band?" Cash asks.

"Really?" Copper asks.

"Huh?" Tod asks as he and Alexis look at Copper.

"Yes sir a genuine Singin' Stray. What do you say?" Cash asks.

"Yeah!" Copper shouts excitedly.

"Copper we were gonna have some more fun." Tod says disappointedly.

"Well Tod and Alexis can be in the band too right? They're my best friends." Copper says.

"Can you sing kids?" Cash asks.

"Course they can sing. Show him." Copper says as he looks at Alexis and Tod as Alexis then sings beautifully.

"Wow. Voice of a genuine angel and looks to match.. But you're a wolf pup not a dog. Though not surprising. Wolves have always been beautiful singers." Cash says.

"Tod?" Copper asks as Tod sings loudly off key causing the ride to stop.

"Hoo hoo! Here's the good news. You're gonna be part of the entourage and little miss angel voice here will be in the band as well." Cash says.

"What's that?" Tod asks.

"That's French. Means you hang out with our new star. Keep him happy." Cash says as Copper wags his tail.

"He does that already. They both do." Copper says.

"And you know, fetch water, clean dog bowls, fun stuff like that." Cash says.

"That's fun?" Tod asks.

"Um Mr. Cash I think I'm better off just helping Tod. I'm not real big on singing in front of crowds." Alexis says as she looks at Tod.

"Suit yourself. All right then. Let's get movin'." Cash says as Alexis, Tod, and Copper follow him.

*Timeskip*

"You know if I could just play the banjo better y'all would be eatin' steaks. Hey I guess I'd better go practice." Lyle says as he gives Alexis and the others bones before leaving.

"Welcome to the band kid. Let me do some introductions. That there is Waylon and Floyd. They're the uh, brains of the outfit. And that delicate flower is Granny Rose. Textbook version of growin' old gracefully. Yep you'll never harmonize with a finer group of singin' strays than... Uh you are a stray right boy?" Cash asks as the dog band looks at Copper.

"Course he's a stray. You don't see a collar on him or Alexis do ya?" Tod asks.

"True enough." Floyd says.

"I don't see one." Waylon says.

"No collar no home." Rose says.

"Whew. Good. Only strays allowed in this dog's band." Cash says.

"Tod we're not strays." Copper says as he looks at Tod.

"Yeah." Alexis says.

"Shh! It'll be our secret." Tod says unworriedly.