Chapter 10

When Chelsea woke up she was laying in a comfortable bed, one she didnt recognize. Was all of this a dream? It felt so real. But when she woke up a little more she felt the familiar arms around her, Bucky. He was real.

She let out a happy sigh and laid her head back on his chest. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head, she didnt even realize he was awake.

"Did you sleep well, love?" He said softly, his metal hand rubbing her arm. She nodded but kept her face on his chest.

"Where are we?" She said softly, nothing was familiar here. It didn't smell like the same place they had met. It didn't feel the same either.

"This is my home, our home" he said, she could hear in his voice that he was smiling. She sat up quickly, smiling big. Our home was all she needed to hear.

"Show me" she said. Almost pulling him out of bed. He sighed and sat up, wrapping both arms around her waist from the edge of the bed.

"It's past midnight, can we do this in the morning?" He already knew the answer but he had to try, she only napped for a few hours, there was no way she was awake yet and he hadn't been to sleep yet.

She looked up at him with puppy eyes and made a pouty lip. "Please.." was all she said. He rolled his eyes and kissed her quickly before standing up.

"Fine" he said and lifted her to him, he gave a gentle smack to the back of her thigh so she'd wrap her legs around his waist. She laid her hands flat on his chest and he walked to the door of the room. He flipped the light on and the room lit up. It looked different in the light than it did from the moon shining in.

She noticed the entire floor was the bedroom, it was huge, her entire first apartment was smaller than this bedroom, but it was bare, it had a large bed in the corner, pitch black bedding, she already knew it was soft. On each side of the bed was a nightstand and a lamp. She saw her phone on one side and his on the other. There was a door next to the bed, the door was open and she saw a bathroom. He walked her to the bathroom and flipped on the light. The bathroom was huge, and we'll lit.

It had a window above the tub, but you couldn't see outside, it only let the moon shine in.

The bathroom was also plain, gorgeous hardware and a large medicine cabinet with a lit up mirror, the shower was large and looked like it was made of slate Grey marble. It had a large bench at the end and the shower doors were crystal clear. Everything in the bathroom was greyscale, the only thing of color she saw was the toiletries.

Back to the bedroom she noticed the black couch under the windows, the entire wall was lined with windows, no wonder the moon shined in so bright. There was no TV in the room and no decorations though. She saw a door on the other side and when he opened it she saw a closet, it was massive, almost the same size as the bedroom. It had benches and every item seemed to have its perfect place. The entire left side of the closet was empty, she assumed that was for her. She got a little embarrassed, she only had a small bag of clothes. She was lucky to have that, it was stashed at the gates of the Avengers compound, she had grabbed it when she went searching for Clint a couple weeks ago.

The rest of the house had a similar theme, void of color. It was modern and beautiful, almost like a museum. It somehow still felt homey, it didn't feel unwelcoming at all. The entire house had cool Grey wood floors, all the walls were white. There were 3 bedrooms on the second floor with nothing inside, just blank slates. In total she counted 5 bedrooms, including the master. She also counted 4 bathrooms, the 3rd story had its own and the second story had two bathrooms. One on each end of the hallway. The bottom floor had one by the back door in the mud room, but it was only a half baghroom. She wondered how long she had to stay before it was acceptable to sneak and paint a few walls Sage green. She loved nature, that's why all her tattoos were of nature, it was beautiful.

"You can start tomorrow" Bucky said as he kissed her temple, can he read her mind? Or was she that obvious?

"Start what, dear?" She asked innocently. She wanted to hear him say it, there's no way he could read her mind.

"Making this place your home too, I already know you want to paint. And I'm sure you want to fill the place with plants. Just let me keep the counters, Grey marble is expensive and it all matches" he said, rubbing his hand up her back.

He really did know her, she was hoping she was harder to read than that. "I like the marble, I love the house. It's beautiful. Just maybe a little green if it's okay with you?"

His hand left her back and reached behind him quickly. When he brought it back he was handing her a credit card. She felt weird taking it but finally did.

"Do whatever you want, love, make this our home" she smiled when she heard him stay that. Our home.. she leaned in and kissed him, smiling as she did so. She melted when he called her love, they still hadn't said it to each other but it felt similar. Why else would he give her his credit card and his home?

He carried her back upstairs to their bedroom and laid her down on the soft bed. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

All of this felt unreal, it was too good to be true. But somehow it was all real. She had the biggest smile on her face when he came back from the bathroom, he was wearing nothing but a pair of black boxers. She could stare at him all day, her Greek God. He was holding something in his hands though, a small bag. He smiled like a fool and handed it to her. She sat up in the bed and opened it, it was a dainty black lace nightgown. Obviously black was his color of choice for everything.

"I prefer you in nothing, but I wanted to buy you your first piece of clothing for our closet" he said with the same smile on his face, she loved the way his eyes lit up when he smiled.

"If I'm wearing nothing you have to do the same" she said with a smirk. He wasted no time dropping his boxers and climbing in bed beside her.

She went to reach for his cock but he stopped her, still holding her hand he brought it up to his lips and kissed her knuckles.

"Sleep, doll" was all he said as he pulled her to his chest. She sighed playfully and laid her head down on his chest.

Without another thought she kissed his bare chest "I love you, James" slipped out of her mouth. She couldn't believe she just said that, she knew it was true but she was scared to say it out loud until that moment.

Bucky quickly grabbed her and pulled her on top of him, his hands firm around her. She stared down at him, almost afraid of what he was going to say, but it was too late to take it back. She didn't want to either, it was true. She loved him.

"I love you, Chelsea" he finally said, almost instantly she felt tears form in her eyes and she leaned down to kiss him. "Really?" She said in a whisper, her lips still touching his.

"Of course I do, I love you. This might be our home but you are my home. I should've said it Madripoor, I knew it the day at the bar. The second I saw that man grab you I knew it, I would've killed to protect you. I love you"

She could hear Bucky say that all day, everytime he said it she felt butterflies in her stomach. He gently rolled her back to her side and turned to face her.

"Now sleep, doll, please" he kissed her forehead and she snuggled into him. She fell asleep quickly to the sound of his heartbeat in her ear.