𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

[Play: The Greatest by Sia]

A/N: Hello my lovely readers!! This story is going to be intense so buckle up. Also, you all are going to grow to hate Natasha more and more as the story progresses. Don't say I didn't warn you. Please comment and vote a bunch on this brand new story, it helps bring engagement and more readers.

Not to mention my usual 3rd person writing style is not anywhere in sight here... This story will be in 1st person for a more immersive experience for what is going on in a fighters head.

Enjoy loves <3

CW: Graphic descriptions of blood and professionally monitored violence.

~

The chill.

The rush of adrenaline courses through every part of my body as I stare back at those poisonous jade eyes. They haunt me; they always have. Her short, bleached pixie cut was falling into her eyes, sweat and blood dripped from the ends, and her entire body was soaked in it, including mine.

I've been a fighter all of my life, whether that be in the ring or in my personal endeavors. I worked for this and everything that I have now.

Natasha Romanoff, or The Widow in a professional sense, glares at me with a gaze of pure intention. She wanted my title. I couldn't give it to her. I earned that title over my entire career. I picked this fight because I knew I could beat her. Even if she was the most well-known fighter to defeat by knockout in my division, and it scared the hell out of me.

Before she could evade me, I threw another punch to her cheek, and the feeling ran through my knuckles and up my arm. This sensation was numbed at this point. I couldn't even feel the pain. It was pure power behind my muscles.

Tearing me from my thoughts, she lands a quick punch to my nose. Tears formed in my eyes instinctively, and I heard the crunch. The cartridge in my nose was fucked years ago. Just another trip to the surgeon to reconstruct it. How I wish nose shots were illegal, they always were brutal, and even a quick jab hurt.

I couldn't tell if it was hot blood or mucus from me instinctively crying flowing from my nose, but either way, I wiped it away, still keeping my hands in front of my face in case I needed to block her. But I was too late. She flung four erratic punches to my jaw and my cheek. My entire face felt like it was on fire as she continued beating me closer and closer to the wall of the octagon. My teeth threatened to click together as she hit my jaw again.

Inside my head, it was like a constant ringing. I could hear people chanting my last name in the stands. Over and over again.

Tate!

Tate!

Tate!

Couldn't I take just one break in the heaps of this chaos? I needed to see Sam. My best friend and Manager who would give me that sense of motivation back in the ring. But I had to block these strikes, or I would lose this. I wouldn't be able to fight in the ring again.

The indents of the fence wall imprinted on my skin as she pounded harder and harder against my face. I could feel the swelling. How bad my face hurt from the constant abuse it was enduring. My head was pounding, and I couldn't even imagine the migraines I would have tonight when I went to sleep.

Gripping onto her hand, I pushed her body away, and she spun around quicker than I could react. She punched me so hard in the jaw I saw a flash of light appear in my vision, and the blur overtook everything I'd ever seen. I gripped the fence and felt my body shake in tremors. She charged me, but I saw the black figure of the ref push her away from me. My body is pulled up, and I get seated down in the corner. I blinked, looking around, and I met Sam's deep espresso eyes.