THREE.

warning ! smoking , cursing ,
mentions of same sex relationships

ajax had once again dragged cassius outside to get stoned. the gorgon was always stoned, and while cassius never minded the much needed stress reliever, he truly worried for his roommate. he hoped the boy wouldn't get addicted to the drug, he knew it was apart of the gorgon culture. however, ajax was a little excessive with it.

"it's been a while"

cassius hummed in agreement as he inhaled the joint, the smoke hitting the back of his throat , holding it for a few seconds before releasing it smoothly. his eyes becoming slightly crossed as he stared at the cloud of smoke.

"it has"

"it's crazy, we're literally roommates but we barely spend any time together anymore"

"we hang with different crowds" cassius shrugged as he pointed out the elephant in the room.

ajax sent him a knowing smirk as he took the blunt from cassius who held it out for him.

"whatever dude, trust me when i say this : i know the real reason you ditched me"

"oh yeah ? and what reason would that be einstein ?"

ajax held up two fingers.

"two words"

then he put one down.

"one person"

cassius met ajax's knowing stare.

"xavier thorpe"

cassius rolled his eyes and let out a scoff.

"and why would xavier stop me from hanging out with you?"

"cause you're avoiding him" ajax chuckled, leaning his back against the wall as he puffed the blunt before passing it back.

"and why would i be avoiding him? amuse me" cassius feigned his calm demeanor, inside his heart was thumping against his ribcage , like it was about to burst through his chest. god, he hoped ajax hadn't caught on to his fondess for xavier. idalia had found out with her own two eyes, she always claimed the two were obvious and oblivious with their feelings.

"c'mon cass" ajax chuckled out, his head shaking in amusement. "it doesn't take a genius to figure out he likes you"

ajax turned to meet cassius' eyes but the boy had his gaze stuck to the ground. ajax took that as confirmation that cassius was aware of xavier's feelings for him.

"...and you like him back"

cassius' head shot up, his eyes widening for a split second before he gained control of his expressions.

"and you feel guilty" ajax shared the same room with cassius for two years, it wasn't hard to read the boy. cassius' eyes always told what his words couldn't. "i connected the dots, xavier and bianca broke up and you isolated yourself from us, i figured it was guilt thing... I never asked cause i figured you didn't want anyone to know"

it became silent for a few moments. cassius contemplated on the decision to tell ajax everything. ajax waited patiently for his friend to speak. he wouldn't pressed cassius for answers, he would let cassius tell him on his own time.