SIX.

a soft groan escaped cassius' chapped lips, shuffling under the covers of his bed as he turned on his side. idalia lifted her head from the youtube video she was watching, her eyes filled with worry and anger about the incident that had happened. if it weren't for wednesday and xavier, there's no telling what would've happened to her best friend.

after cassius had passed out, wednesday had called the police. right before the police showed up, xavier had showed up. his worry for cassius was stronger than anything else he felt for the boy at that moment, he couldn't shake the worrying feeling and set off not even 5 minutes after cassius left. he had shot idalia a text message the moment he saw cassius run into the woods.

idalia, xavier and ajax had taken turns to watch over cassius until he finished healing. he was in and out of sleep for a whole day. idalia and xavier watching over him in the morning, ajax and xavier watching over him at night since girls weren't allowed in the boy's dorms, especially over night.

"lia?" cassius' voice croaked.

stuck in her thoughts, idalia had to noticed cassius sitting up his bed. snapping her head up, her eyes meeting his tired ones. he pointed to the glass of water beside her on his desk. her eyes widening in disbelief at her self, she had completely forgotten about the glass of water xavier had given her for when cassius woke up.

"sorry" idalia rushed out as she handed the water to cassius, his hands shaking as he went to grab the glass. "let me"

cassius sighed as he let his hands drop onto his lap. idalia being careful as to not tip the glass over so water didn't go up cassius' nose or spill over his clothes. removing the glass from cassius' lips, idalia patiently waited for cassius to tell her if he needed more.

"thanks"

idalia sent cassius a soft smile before moving to sit back in her chair, reaching to take ahold of cassius' shaking hands.

"cass" idalia called out, cassius let her gaze. "what happened? xavier texted me at the carnival—"

"xavier texted you?"

idalia sighed. "yes, he was the one who found you... what exactly happened the night at the carnival, cassius?"

"rowan... he's dead" cassius sighed out. "i had a vision of it, i went to check it out and... yeah, i should've just ignored it"

"we both know you can't" idalia pointed out. "you hate knowing you can help people, and you hate failure. you're like a teen hero in bad hollywood movie"

cassius let out a small chuckle, a hiss following after as he felt a sharp pain on his side, near his hip bone. remembering the argument he had with rowan, rowan attempting to kill wednesday addams only for a monster to swoop in and kill him instead. it was an instant karma.

"how's wednesday?"

"she's wednesday" idalia shrugged out with a chuckle causing cassius to smile. "except, she might go crazy now that they've covered up rowans murder"

the moment idalia finished her sentence, cassius' breath hitched.

"what?"

"yeah, wednesday asked bianca for help, bianca went to weems and i'm assuming weems called the police from there" cassius let his mind race as idalia explained more. "apparently there wasn't a body"

"which means someone's covering it up"

"ding ding ding~ two people witnessed the same murder yet the boy who was murdered showed up to school the next day"

"rowan was here? you saw him?" cassius inquired.

"everyone did, as clear as day"

"how the hell...? who's covering up rowan's murder and why?"