1. keychain

javier really was just some guy who be doing shit

like, why was he walking around the city when a game starts in an hour? he'll probably reply back with 'i dont know.. i was just bored.'

now he had his phone blowing up, his teammates wondering where he was. to himself, he promised that he was going to be back in the stadium before they even begin.

if he was being honest, as much as he loved soccer, he did not want to play today.

there was only three small shops that were closest to the stadium, one was a restaurant, the other was a clothing store and the last one was an antique store.

the place looked like nobody had been in these store for ages. some of the signs were almost the verge of falling and the lights kept on flickering.

'maybe i should go back..' he thought about it for a second before remembering that he took a 20 minute walk to get here and he wasn't going to head back with nothing. plus he was right in front of the store doors.

but he did have to admit, the antique store looked straight out of a the ed and lorraine museum.

pulling the door open, he could basically already smell dust collecting, the place was so cold even though it was hot outside and you could hear the old air vents make noises.

the shop wasn't as big as he expected it to be, but he didn't mind, the little antiques were actually spotless, the porcelain dolls hairs were neat and there didn't seem to be a scratch on them.

his eyes wandered till he saw this old sign that looks like it's been there since the early 1900's, it was labeled 'toys'. the toys seemed to be all laid out.

walking closer to the toys there was another small sigh sticked to the wall, 'warning!!! only touch the toy you really want if you're going to buy!'

'a bit odd..' javier thought to himself.

looking at all the toys, they all seemed to be missing something, either an eye, a ear or a missing button. unlike the porcelain dolls who were kept in good condition, these toys definitely went try some shit.

about to look somewhere else, his eyes catch a small plushie. it was a small yellow chick plushie with a flower on the side of the head. luckily, it wasn't in any bad condition except just dirty.

without thinking he picked the small plushie.

and then the lights flickered.

"what the fu-"

"i see you made your pick." javier let out a girly scream, jumping backwards to see who talked to him.

it was just an old lady, "oh, sorry." javier said, his heart was still beating fast from the scare. the old lady had a smile on her lips, "is that all you're going to get?" the old lady looked at the plushie then at him.