4. DIY

"its been an hour kevin, where's this guy at?" javier asked kevin while passing around the living room

kevin checked his phone again to see the time, it's been more than an hour and the exorcist still hasn't shown up.

"uh.. he texted me like 30 minutes ago that he was 10 minutes away.." now, the room went quiet, they all looked at each other for a second before memo broke the silence.

"let's just watch some spongebob or something." he grabbed the tv remote and turned the tv on, the chanel univision pops up.

"today on the freeway a massive crash has happened, cars pilled up on each other, as you can see it's very bad." the news reported said.

"even though many people are badly injured, only one person has unfortunately passes away.. his name is-" but before they could show who had died in the car crash memo had already changed it to nickelodeon.

"wasn't that the freeway to get to your house?" lozano pointed out, "yeah and that exorcist ain't coming soo.." memo clapped his hands and smiled.

"y'all lucky i prepared for stuff like this." memo walked out the living room making the others confused while they watched spongebob.

javier sat down in the couch, his leg bouncing up and down as he had his hands wrapped around his backpack, cuddling it.

alexis who was sitting down next to him, took a good look at javier. then his eyes went down to his backpack and saw that dirty key chain.

"that shit so dirty," he reached for the plushy alexis and chuckled once he touched it. everybody's attention went to javier and alexis to notice the tv glitch.

"i told him to wash it." kevin walked up and touch the keychain too, yet nobody saw the hallway lights flicker.

"aver!" diego jumped up and down till he shoved kevin away, just so he could also touch the keychain. "hmm, why don't you just clean it?" chucky asked while he inspected it from afar.

"damn why y'all all up in my business!" javier slapped diego's hand away before he could touch it. diego pouted but either less went back to his spot on the couch.

"just give it to me.." chucky put his hand out, walking closer to the small crowd surrounding javier. "im doing my laundry here since my washer doesn't work anyways."

giving no thought into it, javier reaches for the key chain and takes it off his backpack and hands it to chucky.

"imma put it to wash, i'll be back." chucky walks away to head to the basement.

a few seconds later memo walks back into the living room, he has a bible, a cross and some holy water with him.

"lay on the couch javi" memo spoke professionally. "since when do you know about exorcism?" edson raised a brow.

"i learned from youtube.." everybody shrugged, "feel like you're just going to make it worse." javier groaned taking his shoes off before laying on the couch.

everybody surrounded memo and javier to see what was going down. "let me record real quick, we might get a movie out of this." alexis said taking his phone out.

"okay someone go light these candles up." memo pointed to the three candles from bath and body works that were sitting in the coffee table.

"someone go dim the lights a bit, so we can get in the spooky mood." memo opened the bible up, just scanning thru it, not knowing exactly why he opened it up and what he was supposed to do now.

"okay.. uh, let's just pray." he smiled for a second before he took the holy water out and started splashing some on javier. "it lowkey burns.." javier scratched a part where the water touched.

"en el nombre del padre, del hijo y del espirito.."

while that was happening, chucky was heading downstairs into the basement, he flicked the lights on and went farther down.

though this is his third time being down in the basement the lights were flickering terribly. "memo needs to fix those lights." chucky thought out loud.

he walks over to the washer that was already washing a load of clothes. opening the lid up, he hissed when he saw the clothes.

he had the white colors in and didn't want to mix the yellow key chain in with it. he had to force himself to drop the fluffy key chain in.

he added a bit of more detergent in before closing the lid and walking back up stairs. but along the way the lights went off, "awh hell nah!" chucky screamed before running up the steps.

but when he twist the doorknob, it wouldn't budge open. hearing creaking noises from behind him, he slowly turned around but due to the light being off he couldn't see who was behind him.

"no no no no" chucky began to bang on the door once he noticed a black figure walking up the stairs.

and the creaking of the old stairs just kept getting closer to him. but still, chucky kept on banging on it or trying to break the door.

but when he felt a presence behind him, he went stiff. he shut his eyes, in hopes that he was in some dream. soon enough he felt a warm hand touch his shoulder.

"hey," he heard a chirpy voice come from behind him, chucky slowly opened his eyes and saw the lights had turned back on.

turning around he saw a girl, a pretty girl.

"wha- who.. who are you?" chucky backed away, his hand on the doorknob. his heart raising from the scary experience he just had.

the pretty girl smiled, before wrapping her arms around the short man. "thank you for washing me!"

 "thank you for washing me!"