Chapter 2 Annihilation Maker

"It's an unfamiliar ceiling."

I muttered the moment I comes to myself, I look around and noticed I was sitting on the staircase between the second and third floors. Why staircase specifically? I don't know.

I slowly stood up but, the sudden influx of memory assaulting my brain caused me to stepped back and comedically fall on my butt. I couldn't be bother with the pain on my bottom as I was focusing more on the craziest headaches I ever feel in my entire life. It feels like someone is hammering nail in my brain before pulling it out, then repeat.

"Goddamn it...I didn't expect it to be THAT painful."

I groaned with a huffed. Although the headaches had slightly subsided, I didn't immediately stood up again as I had something else to ponder about. Firstly, regarding my current identity in this world—I have a Japanese name now, Amamiya Youji.

It wasn't a bad name per se, it's fine as long as my name isn't something like Ryuu or Kuroyami. No offense to anyone with a name like that but it just makes me feel unbearably cringe. Thank you very much for the generic Japanese name, Goddess-sama.

Now let's talk about my background, rather Youji before I possessed and fused with his memory. He was adopted by a tanned woman that goes by the name Minami Rika when his parents died in a car accident. In reality, no one wanted to accept another mouth to feed when they were already having trouble with their own childrens. In the end, she was the only guardian left available for him—it was decided.

This guy is also pitiful, I sighed as I realized both of our past were very similar. Coincidence? Maybe not. But unlike me who was left alone, eventually resulting in me dropping out of school—Youji on the other hand was somehow lucky.

However this Rika, although she wasn't always home, she did give him enough allowance for him to order food online. And whenever she was home, she tried her best to communicate with him and it didn't take long before he treated her like an older sister.

He was often quiet and reserved, the complete opposite of me who was a huge troublemaker when I was a student. I was that student that the teacher would always use as a scapegoat to discipline others on what they shouldn't do, honestly I'm very proud of my achievement.

Let's see, what else? Oh I'm also quite close to...the nurse of this school? Damn, she got some crazy badonkers—it's just as insane as the Goddess's. She was a close friend with my adopted sister, she also treated me like a little brother, so does this means that I have a chance? Yes? Yes.

It took me a few minutes to finally regained my bearing after I reorganized my messy thoughts. I no longer feels awkward with my new name, it's unreal how quickly I adapted to my new identity—is this one of the perks of my transmigration?

Nonetheless, there's another thing that's troubling me, the bonus memory that was probably the so-called 'little surprise' the Goddess spoke about. I frowned upon recalling the images I had briefly seen in my mind, it seems that the world I've transmigrated isn't an ordinary one. It was like that particular TV series, the Walking Dead?

Yes, this world will soon be overflow with zombies.

"Fuck."

I cursed under my breath, I should've known it would not be an ordinary second life the moment I accepted the transmigration deal. The Goddess could have stopped me, but she didn't. I couldn't fully blame her either since it was my own decision that leads me here. In short, I fucked up.

But what about the cheat? If it weren't for this, I would've rejected her there and then. It should be worth it otherwise I will be mad. With a thought, I immediately understood 'it'. The cheat is called Annihilation Maker, and with it, I can create any beast from imagination—and by that, I mean anything!