Chapter six

June 14th 2022

June 14th 2022

"You're hired congratulations girl!" Matilda squealed throwing herself on Jayla who embraced her back.

She couldn't believe after telling her the story about her last encounter as a social worker they still wanted to hire her.

"What—just like that."

Matilda nods her head with a grin." Just like that baby!"

"You sure???"

Jayla was still hesitant on how she got the job so quick, usually it takes a few days maybe even a week until the manager gets back to you.

"Girl why are you being like this." Matilda stale faced her." You done already had the job, we just had to do the whole interview process. You ticked all of the boxes!"

"Okay but what about the incident can't that impact the job environment." Jayla would hate to be the reason why the Hopkins social services as shut down.

Due to her possessive, drug dealing baby daddy. Not wanting to pay debts that he owns.

"Jayla you said it yourself. Dave is not in your life anymore partially, so we should be in clear don't stress. Just seize the moment."

Jayla nods to herself exhaling." You're right..."

"I'm always right. Now I have set up everything for next week, you'll be meeting our boss Simon, along with getting a tour from him and seeing your office."

"Is he scary?" Jayla pondered, getting ready to type any dos and donts of meeting him.

Matilda shook her head." Not really, he's a chilled guy. Just don't get on his nerves and he loves coffee. Black to be specific."

The two conversed for a bit until Matilda had to go to work and send the notes to Simon to review.

Suddenly Jayla phone buzzed and she glanced down to see Jamel texted her.

(Don't judge me I didn't know how to do that fake iMessage shit, if anyone of y'all know please tell me 😭)

Shaking her head, at the sly comment Ja managed to sneak in there. Jayla downed her coffee and was so engrossed in her phone that by the time Jamel got there she hardly noticed.