Chapter One

The smooth texture of the red velvet as he traces a hand down slowly is extremely satisfying. The fur, soft and luxurious, wrapped around his neck, adds to the overall expensive look. Kibum would argue that he's spending too much gold on his outfits, but he's giving a fair share to his guns as well, and he's addicted to the smell of the new metal neatly arranged inside his treasured chest. A thick addition of black framing his eyes, a quick bounce to his waves, and he steps back to look at his perfect reflection in the mirror. With a satisfied smirk, he turns to the opened-box beside him and picks up the guns, placing one at each side of his hips before his coat covers the sides, and he looks up to check the clock. He believes he's got enough time to get to their next client where Kibum is already waiting, so he doesn't rush down the streets, making a mental note to visit Jessica afterwards since he's spent almost all of their current funds on his gear.

A public inn is a too-safe of a place to meet, but he never really complains as long as they got their reward, but he's put on his new coat, so a sigh does escape him when he passes by the door and glances around. He'll definitely need a drink first. The bartender's eyes strain a little on one of his guns as he sits on a stool, and if he doesn't already know who he is in his hometown, then he's failed as a hunter. The bartender doesn't comment on it though when he orders, so he thinks he's almost there.

"Hey." A stinky smell makes its presence known first before he hears the words, and he's totally not in the mood today, so he doesn't bat an eye, picking his drink quietly and brining it up to his lips. "You look out of place," the voice continues, not sounding drunk at all, and he genuinely wonders how stupid the guy must be to get this far in the conversation. "But I can show you around." A smirk is certainly there, adoring the guy's face, thinking that he's got a new catch, and he doesn't need to turn his face to see the sneaky hand ghosting over his thighs.

"Watch it," he warns quietly, a gun already out and pressing at the guy's temple. "It's a new coat." He then slides his gaze sideways to have a look at the guy. "Your blood won't be the same red. It'll look rubbish." The guy gulps as his eyes stay fixed on the gun and slowly raises his hands in the air. Once he pulls his gun back, the guy is finally out of his sight for good.

"Yeah, he doesn't look like he owns much gold in his pockets," a voice says from his other side, and he looks over with an easy smile. "Wouldn't be a fair trade," his friend looks at him then with a smirk. "Our client has arrived," he nods with his head to the side then takes a second look over him. "You bought a new coat?" His smirk falls flat. "I'll tell Jessica to cut you off."

"Hey!" He protests. "I get to do the hell I want with my share!" He pauses. "What do you do anyway with your own share?"

"I save it for investment, Taem," he sighs with a roll of his eyes, repeating his words, again.

"For when we get old and cranky, yeah, yeah," he mumbles the rest of the lecture. "You're missing a lot, Key," he points out. "Just sayin."

"Anyway," Kibum fixes him with a serious look. "We should be going." And he doesn't wish to continue this specific conversation either, so he hops off the stool and follows Kibum upstairs. As his friend knocks on the door, he senses something strange. No. As he takes a look down the empty hallway, his body tingles, and he feels like they're being watched by someone, but there's no one there. "Taem?" Kibum calls for him, and he slides into the room with his friend, kicking the door shut behind him. There's a guy sitting on a chair with two other men standing behind him, and Taemin sits across from him with Kibum.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet me here," the guy starts, but he's not smiling. He remembers the name, Park Jeongsu, as Kibum has informed him prior to their meeting. He looks tense, as if he doesn't wish to be here, but most of their clients share the same behavior, so it's not entirely something new. "I'll make this short," he motions for one of the men behind him, and he hands Park a rather big pouch. "We're looking for someone, and I was told you're the best at what you do," he looks between the two. "Hunting people down," he offers a tight smile as he places the pouch on the table separating them. "However, I want that person alive," he stresses on his words. "We sadly have no picture to provide of him, but it wouldn't be hard to find him anyway." Taemin shares a quick glance with Kibum. "He's got a very distinguishable hair color. Blue." And Taemin can't suppress his laughter escaping him. They've had their fair share of weird requests, but this? "I'm ready to pay half the price in advance," Park ignores him and opens the pouch, making Taemin's laughter die in his throat as both he and Kibum lean over the table with their eyes wide.