Chapter 20

Jennie dropped the ball, it bouncing away and rolling towards the bleachers. She nervously laughed and forced a smile on her lips.

"What do you mean, officer?" Jennie tried to sound as innocent as she could, gritting through her teeth. She turned her head to look at Mark.

"Markie, what's going on?" She asked sweetly as Mark internally gagged while Taeil and the officer were standing right in front of them.

"I'm talking to you not him," the officer stated, Jennie's eyes averting back to the tall man in the police officer uniform with the tag reading, Suh.

"We had some weird suspicions from our department that came from your phone. Legally, we have the right to confiscate your phone and go through it online. So before I continue, is there anything you'd like to say or admit?" Johnny raised a brow, both of his hands resting on his hips as Jennie's face was turning different colors out of fear.

"I-....um I-" Jennie stuttered, her hands clasped in front of her white skirt.

"If you don't have anything to say, then I guess we can take this down to our department and investigate while you're behind bars," Johnny faked through a bribery.

"Let's go," Johnny was about to lead her out of the gymnasium, until she spoke.

"Wait! Wait!" She hollered, everybody's eyes were on her including Mark's friends and love of his life behind the bleachers.

Jennie let out a dragging sigh as she unlocked her phone, "I-I recorded Mark and Donghyuck doing private things."

"And?" Mark taunted with a raised brow.

"And I sent it to them both as a threat to stay away from each other," Jennie admitted with her head lowered.

"B-both of us?!" Mark panicked as Jennie nodded her head, still staring at the glistening gym floor.

"Oh shit. Hyuck's going to kill me for not coming to him," Mark thought as he cursed in his brain.

"Jennie, why would you do such a thing?" Taeil asked, breaking the silence of the shame the girl was undergoing.

"I was jealous, okay?! If I can't have Mark, then he can't either! Why should he get to be with him and not me?!" Jennie lifted her head as she stomped on the floor with one foot.

"Because I don't like you! I already apologized to you before and I'm not doing it again because of what you did," Mark glared at the girl as Taeil pulled his nephew's arm away from her so that he did not do anything stupid.

"You know you could get into some serious trouble for doing this?" Officer Suh interjected, grabbing her phone when she gave it to him and scrolling through it to delete the video and messages for good.

"I didn't think it would be such a big deal. I was just angry, I wasn't actually going to post it," Jennie said with a frown as Johnny handed her phone back to her. "Besides, I'm transferring schools this weekend. Tomorrow is my last day here."

"Well then, you would leave behind quite the memory on this campus," Mark sassed which surprised himself. He has been around Donghyuck a lot.

"I'm sorry. I'll be out of your sight by tomorrow afternoon," Jennie bowed, a single tear falling from her eye. "I just wanted you to like me."

"I'll be here to escort you," Johnny added, just taking extra precautions in case she does something else.

Jennie nodded as she was allowed to leave the gymnasium, Jeno unlocking it for her and came back inside to walk up to his best friend.

"Good job, man," Jeno slapped his back playfully as Mark smiled.

"Donghyuck is going to be mad at me for not coming to him, isn't he?" Mark fearfully said as he pursed his lips.