Bunny slippers

Song of the chapter: The Middle by Jimmy eat world

Beep beep went the worst thing that man ever invented. The alarm clock. Why did man have to create such an evil device for society?

Hitting the off button I got out of my new warm bed and put on my bunny slippers. My bunny slippers were probably one of the best purchases I've ever made in my entire life. They were truly one of the loves of my life along with photography and music.

Looking out my window I noticed that it was pouring down rain. Of course it would ran on the first day of school. As if mother nature would agree with me a cloud to ground flash of lighting happened.

Walking over to my closest I grabbed my school uniform which consisted of black Mary Jane's, white knee high socks, a gray skirt, white blouse and a tie of our school colors which were navy and emerald. It was the most boring outfit in the history of outfits. Thankfully seniors only had to wear this outfit Monday's and Wednesday's. The other days of the week we were allowed to choose from three different color blouses light blue, red and black.

Hearing a knock on my door mom peeped her head in. "Honey school starts in half and hour you better get going."

"How do I look?" I asked mom while giving her a twirl.

"Like a beauty queen." Mom winked at me before heading back down stairs.

Grabbing my messenger bag with my iPod in hand I headed down stairs to start off my day. As I walked down the stairs I could hear the rain start to pour down harder. It really was quite a stormy day.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs there stood dad with a mug in his hands looking at something on his phone. Today was the day the my parents also started working again today. They didn't feel it was right for them to start working until school started back up.

Noticing that I was at the bottom of the stairs dad looked up at me and smiled.

"Want a ride to school kid?" Dad asked me.

"Sure old man." I grinned back.

As if right on time mom appeared with two mugs in her hand along with carrying a bag.

"I packed you a lunch and your own mug of coffee, just the way you like it." Mom told me as she handed me the bag and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

*

*

*

Waving goodbye to mom and dad as I stood in the pouring rain with my umbrella I instantly spotted Olivia standing in front of school with an umbrella in hand waiting for me.

"Hi Liv." I said while awkwardly hugging her with my umbrella in hand.

"Hi bubblegum popper." Olivia smirked while hugging me back.

I rolled my eyes at her comment as we both walked into school. Looking next to Olivia I didn't see Meyers next to her. Olivia and Meyers were usually always together. To be quite honest I don't think I've ever seen Olivia by herself.

"Where's Meyers?" Looking at her I saw her nervously bite her lip

"He had to do something before school." Looking at her I saw her nervously bite her lip as she answered me.

As soon as we walked into the building people started staring at me like I was an alien from outer space. It was very awkward feeling everyone's stares as we walked down the hallway.

"Why does everyone keep looking at me?" I whispered to Olivia while we walked toward the main office.

"You're the new girl." Olivia stated as we came to a stop.