02.

02. Demon Initiation

Olympia

DEMONS DON'T OBEY ANY HUMAN LAW MADE. THIS INCLUDES DRINKING age. When Riane gave me a drink I wasn't expecting to cough.

"Never had a drink before?" Riane asked with a grin.

"I'm not twenty-one yet." I glared at her.

Riane smiled. "You humans and your stupid little alcohol laws, I can get you something softer if you want. You don't look like you hold your liquor well either." Riane teased.

I wanted to fight her on that but getting intoxicated at this club when negotiating with a demon isn't smart. I looked back over to the elevated stage where Akor had gone.

This place matches the similarity of dive bars mixed in with what I thought clubs would be. The vibrant lights and bodies dancing everywhere. There is no way I could do this daily so unorthodox jobs here I come.

The stage Akor sits in has a few other people with him. Most of them were men besides two women and one of them was dancing on a pole so I assumed her to be one of the dancers.

Being here is going to be hell. But I'd take it over the streets where anyone could attack me. I miss the cabin so much.

And when I figure out how to kill demons those fuckers are the first ones to go.

I wanted to shoot them with the gun I had fought in my dad's safe, but they were gone by the time I had everything organized.

"Here's a non-alcoholic beverage. Enjoy." Riane left me at the bar, and I sighed.

I just have to get through this until Akor is finished and we can talk in private. I took a look at my phone to check the time. I could just drink and wait around. Easy enough.

*

By the time Akor's club was ready for closing time I wanted to smash my head into a wall. This place is open so late, and more people flooded in throughout the night. Both demon and human.

Sex demons frequent here the most. They are fairly easy to spot as they tend to have a more human form than the rest of the demons. They have demon aspects but remain in demon form more.

The most I see is the addition of horns and on occasion a tail will come out. Rarely there will be a skin color/texture change.

I hadn't been bothered by any of the demons here thankfully. I didn't have it in me to deal with demons. When the club finally began to close I was ready to sing prayers at that point.

Akor just closed the door before he came over to me with this cocky smile on his face. If he isn't the best bet, I have I'd of just left this fucker right here and gone back to the R.V. instead. Alas he is the best option I have.

"You can come to my office, and we can discuss." Akor said.

He turned to Riane who was wiping off the counter.

"One last drink Riane and then you close down and go home." He told her.

She went quickly into making him a drink. Akor accepted it before waving for me to follow after him. His literal body language and movements irritated me. He walked in ways of knowing people obeyed and respected him.

Those were two words I didn't like.

He motioned me into an office that smelled of floral scents. He closed the door behind us and sat down at a desk and motioned to the chair in front of it.

Okay, now I am here and ready to discuss jobs with him.

After this I'd be going home, drowning myself in a shower to get rid of the smell of the club and icky feeling on my skin.