chapter four.

【 CHAPTER FOUR 】

SITE 26 was isolated

SITE 26 was isolated. Rightfully so, considering it was in the nosebleed equivalent portion of the Hallelujah mountains that was distanced just far enough from anything man made that Ruth felt like she could immerse herself into Pandora, at least, when she wasn't inside the modular buildings they were living in.

What was there was there and any variety of food that they'd had on base was left behind. No contact from anyone back home, luckily, except a few calls from the bio-lab for Grace's guidance. Ruth's ability to work over the initial days of their arrival had been hard, particularly after her confrontation with Miles. She tried her best to carry on with her work but the lingering frustration and displeasure of not royally fucking up the marine while she could didn't help.

Getting away from the hive-like business of Hell's Gate had at least helped with the anger that had taken root since her encounter with the colonel. The one thing that was giving her hope was the request she'd made to Jake: for him to speak with Neytiri and in turn, Mo'at, to allow she and Grace to visit again. They agreed that Norm's new presence might not help mend the tension that still remained, therefore Jake was sent with the request that was waiting to be heard. The Tsahik had known her well, been kind and willing to teach her things she wished to know.

Day in and day out, she was either analyzing samples and documenting them or navigating the cliffs and rocky inclines of the mountain they resided on with Norm in tow to continue even more work. While he would be collecting data and annotating information, she's be near the edge of the cliff, yellow eyes straining to see the very small dots higher in the mountains that were ikran.

She would day dream about getting up there somehow, but she would never try to take a banshee without the blessing of the Na'vi as it was their right of passage, after all. As well as dangerous. She remained hopeful and patient for a visit, a skill of hers that had been worn down heavily since arriving to Pandora.

All until her prayers were answered, and the patience paid off. With the permission to visit the Omaticaya again by Mo'at's leave, Ruth'a animosity toward Jake all but disappeared.

Upon arriving to the basin of Hometree via a long helicopter ride, Ruth relished in being in the presence of the Na'vi again. They came to she and Grace as the two avatars wandered further into the dwelling, reaching to touch them and offering smiles at their long awaited presence. Ruth felt her heart swelling at their genuine pleasure to see her again, many remembering her in particular despite so much time passing.

The sounds and smells of the place had her ears and nose peaking with interest. Neytiri soon showed herself, weaving her way through the crowd to see Ruth, face bright. They met in an embrace, before pulling apart.

"Oel ngati kameie," Ruth greeted her friend in Na'v, the warmest of smiles on her face as she looked at her.

The woman returned the smile brightly, a blessing to the doctor after having missed her presence for so long. "I see you, Ruth."