𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝖨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 -through the blinds

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝖨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 -
through the blinds.

                                        𝗥𝖮𝗥𝗬 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗨𝗣 at the ceiling of Ventura's blankly, replaying the horrific details of last night's events over and over again until her face turned a sunny shade of red from cringing so hard. "You know, you stressing out about last night isn't going to change what happened," Robby said knowingly, drinking down his chocolate Milkshake as he sat across from her in their shared booth. "Or what you said."

It was the day of the All Valley tournament and the two sat heartily together, spouting about all of their up-and-coming problems that they couldn't exactly share with other people. Rory liked to think it made them closer in that way, both having a clear understanding of each other.

"Maybe, just maybe, if I wish hard enough I can go back in time and put a gun in my mouth to prevent all this from happening."

"Yeah, well, as enticing as that sounds, that's never gonna happen." Robby deadpanned, "So get a grip." His hand reached for one of the many curly fries that rested in the middle of their table, "you know, if you stop and really think about it, it's better this way."

"Better how?" Rory exclaimed, dramatically counting on her fingers, "Let's see, not only did I potentially ruin my friendship with my best friend of seven years, but I also managed to single-handedly embarrass myself to the point of no return." She cried out, "whatever shred of dignity I had left, is completely gone."

"But at least now you know," The Keene boy said honestly, "Now you can respectively move on with your life and not worry about what could've been if you had just told him in the first place."

Rory looked down at the table, biting the inside of her cheek, "that doesn't make it hurt any less." She mumbled, poking the red straw through the top layer of the strawberry milkshake.