𝗶. 𝗳𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹𝘆

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥  𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 -Florence Italy

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥  𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 -
Florence Italy

𝗥𝖮𝗥𝗬 𝗖𝗥𝖮𝗠𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗛𝗔𝗗 absolutely loved living in Florence, Italy. She didn't know what was better —the food, the architecture, the culture, the people —Cromwell just didn't know how to put the feelings she felt in words. The overall experience was amazing and she wouldn't change it for the world, despite her rather rough transition to a foreign locale.

The first change she seemed to notice was the cultural shock. Living in Florence Italy was by far a wonderful experience, but it was also a little overwhelming to Rory. There were so many things to see and do that it was so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life. The shift from her old ways of living to her current lifestyle now was formidable.

She realized early on that not everyone does things the same way she used to, and the things she considered normal were deemed weird or strange from a global perspective. For the four weeks, she was there, Rory simply became more and more aware of how much she didn't know, and didn't understand.

Outside of her 'schooling and touring' she spent most of her time with her exchange family both willingly and unwillingly. First, there was Alessia Rosemumd. She was a  single mother of two children, Camilla and Niccolo—both of whom were twins. Alessia did pretty well for a single mother considering how large their flat was in Florence.

To say that they were loaded was an understatement.

Alessia seemed to pour out kindness and love with just every breath she took. Rory couldn't help but admire the older woman, already thinking of her as a mother figure in the short amount of time she'd known her, both her children making quite an impact on her as well.

Her eyes glazed over her phone screen, as she picked over her egg and ham omelet with a permanent frown etched on her lips. She sat at the kitchen island scrolling through her recent Instagram timeline and seeing all her friend's posts and stories. The feeling of the cold marble, soothed her burning skin as she thought about how much she missed her friends and family back home. Being homesick wasn't anything new to her, but today, for some reason it was hitting harder.