Forever is a Lie (1/4) || 24

a/n- pls don't be a silent reader. i missed u guys soo muchhhh 💜💜💜💜💜

___

___

"no, i'm just saying, aera," kevin heaves out a tired breath, shaking his head, "we don't have to fight over this right now. let's talk later," he grabs his keys, sending a forced smile towards her as she stands still in front of their room, still in her loose t-shirt and shorts, hair up into a messy bun for she hasn't showered yet. and despite it being early morning, this particular thing had to come up and ruin aera's all the upcoming hours for the day.

she stares at kevin, not saying anything to him which he doesn't minds as well, shutting the door after he steps out, leaving aera by herself until they're both done with their work and return home too tired to argue about anything. she shakes her head, rolling her eyes at the voice of her mother-in-law, who's staying here for the weekend.

not so surprisingly now aera knew why kevin was suddenly worried about having a child. aera told him it's too early and she's not ready yet, considering that she's still in her initial years in the journey of being a great lawyer, and getting pregnant right now might mean saying at least two years (if not five or six) of goodbye to her job, which would be a big loss. however, apparantly her reason didn't sound as convincing to her in-laws. kevin was cool in the beginning, not having any particular opinion about kids until his mother told him that now that he's married he should start planning a perfect family too.

kevin ignored a few a times, straight up denying to even talk about it, but then his mother started bugging him too much, using emotional manipulation techniques like bringing up their imaginary death bed where they'd be lying without even having the fortune of seeing their grandchildren.

aera found that absurd and down right stupid, making no sense to her. although she trusted kevin and assumed that old people probably have that attitude towards life goals claiming them to be marriage and kids, while in reality there's so much more beyond that. aera ignored the constant bugging and direct or indirect appeals for her and kevin to have a baby now that they've been married for a year. she didn't take it seriously until kevin himself came up to her a few weeks ago, saying that they should just get done with this or the parents will not leave them alone.

that bugged aera even more. she tried explaining him that having kids isn't something they could do just to shut the parents up. kevin said he agreed but didn't know any other way out of it. ever since the day to that discussion things haven't been that smooth between them. every little issue would ignite up a bigger argument that somehow ended at the same thing no matter what the initial subject might've been.

aera takes a deep, going to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day as she promised jimin and haewon to have breakfast with them, then spend the rest of the with them and their kids like an enjoyable sunday.