𝟎𝟎𝟐˚ ·

・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

chapter two !

𝟏 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓

JUDE LEANED BACK on the medical bed in annoyance, crossing his arms as he played back yesterdays moments

JUDE LEANED BACK on the medical bed in annoyance, crossing his arms as he played back yesterdays moments. he was beyond pissed, but he didn't really have anyone to blame either.

"jude, you good?" jobe asked, eyeing him weirdly.

he got up swiftly from the bed, not feeling tired in the slightest anymore, which caused three arms to come his way and try to lie him down again. it was jude's teammates from the england squad - trent, mason and bukayo.

"slow down mate, you literally just got fixed up," trent said, while jude tried to remember what the hell was happening right now.

"so, who won the match? did i score that goal?" jude asked  out of nowhere, grabbing trent's arm which was placed upon his shoulder. it was a random question, but he didn't actually know the results of the game, and no one had even bothered to inform him.

"you literally almost broke your leg, and you care about who won that match?" mason spoke, his eyebrow raising.

"just answer the question. did dortmund win? did i score that goal?" jude asked desperately. he felt if he knew the results were good, maybe that would make him feel more reassured for his teams standing in the group stage.

"well," bukayo started, "you didn't win, but you didn't lose either? the match ended in a tie."

before jude could let his frustrations out, the door opened, and in came england's coach, his parents and a doctor. the three footballers quickly removed their arms from the dortmund player, and instead moved next to jobe, standing more seriously now that the seniors were here.

the latter all showed relief knowing jude seemed okay, but the fact that the coach was here made jude feel like something bad was coming. his frustrated anger now turning into worry in almost a second.

"it's good that you're up, and you don't seem too tired anymore," the doctor started, smiling at all the footballers, before continuing, not looking as cheerful anymore.

"because of how you were tackled , the footballer  went straight for your legs, which has caused both your ankles to have been sprained, but fortunately, with the help of a physiotherapist you could be back to normal in about 3 months time."

"oh come on!" jude exclaimed loudly, throwing his hands, startling everyone present in the room, too loud for bukayo as he timidly covered his ears with his hands, while jobe gave jude another weird look. it was like a bomb had just dropped upon jude, he swore he could feel his heart rate falling bit by bit.

"but the world cup! it's less than a month away, i'm in the starting eleven and the champions league, i can't miss all of that!" jude rambled, wide eyed towards the doctor and his parents desperate for them to somehow find a loophole, knowing full well both of them couldn't do anything.

"well, me and your coach have discussed it all, and unfortunately you won't be able to take part in the world cup, or the champions league. your legs are way too weak for you to even stand for more than 5 seconds, let alone walk and run in a pitch." the doctor replied, dropping another bomb upon jude, as if the first bomb wasn't enough.

the footballers on his side gave him a sad and apologetic look — they were aware of jude's anticipation for the world cup, since it was his first time too, and he had been selected to start the matches off.

"okay, well," jude started once again panicked, "let's say after 3 months i've recovered, my wounds are healed, i can walk and whatever, then can i continue at least with other matches? the next champions league?"

"we don't know if you will be able to fully recover in 3 months, it could take even longer. but, i'm sure the physiotherapist we have assigned for you will be a great help, she is quite ambitious and i'm sure you will love spending time with her!" the doctor replied, only making jude's expression worsen.

just like that, another bomb was dropped onto him. his life was basically over at this point. he didn't care if he was being extra, because it was true. he was going to be useless for ages and miss out on all the tournaments he had trained so much for. especially the world cup, his biggest dream.

and, he was apparently going to be stuck with some weird doctor he couldn't be bothered learning the name of, for his whole 3 months of recovery. how was this getting worse with each passing minute?

at long last, after a few seconds of silence which felt like a whole hour, the adults finally left, the coach and jude's parents giving him an apologetic look as they walked out the room, bickering away with the doctor.

the young footballers remaining sat down around jude, giving him a smile of reassurance, to which jude did not return back. but they all expected it, they knew if they were in his place they would be as stubborn as him.

"if it makes you feel better, we will send lots of videos to you and make sure we win all the matches for the group stage!" bukayo chimed, his attempt to make jude feel the slightest bit better.

it worked. jude couldn't help but create a small subtle smile towards the players, but only because of bukayo's contagious smile.

"yeah, and we will definitely be beating USA, just for you," mason added on, sending him a goofy wink, causing jude to let out a snort.

"don't stress it yeah? plus, the physiotherapists a girl, and shes really pretty. who knows, love may be in the air." trent said smirking.

jobe started making weird noises, pretending to blush.

"shut up both of you, respectfully." jude replied sarcastically.

the 5 of them all started laughing, and put their bets in on who they think will win the world cup. at that moment, jude forgot about his problems and the fact that he had a whole serious injury, just preferring to spend the last remaining time with his brother and best mates before they left for the world cup, and his brother returned to birmingham city.

 at that moment, jude forgot about his problems and the fact that he had a whole serious injury, just preferring to spend the last remaining time with his brother and best mates before they left for the world cup, and his brother returned to birmi...