A Darling Flower.

Something short, sweet, not at all serious. I hope everyone is celebrating these holidays as they wish, and everyone else is having still a wonderful time.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

There was someone new at the playground. Awesome!, thought Lan Jingyi. He loved making new friends!

Behind her mother's long skirt stood a little girl. She was dressed in all-yellow, t-shirt, trousers and sandals. Her hair was long-ish, but what Lan Jingyi liked the most were her big, big eyes.

Their mothers were chatting, and Lan Jingyi's own gestured for him to come close, which he promptly did.

"Jing-er, this is Jin Ling!", she exclaimed with his same enthusiasm. What a pretty name, it sounded like bells ringing! Jin Ling didn't look as happy, instead. She frowned and kept looking to the ground. "Why don't you two play together? After all, Jin Ling's new here".

Since his mother's wish was Lan Jingyi's command, and he just got a pretty amazing idea, he took her by the hand and led her to a flowerbed behind the see-saw.

His father kept telling him that the best way to make a girl feel at ease was to give her flowers, and Lan Jingyi liked to consider himself a gentleman. So, under Jin Ling's confused gaze, he picked up three daffodils, with some grass strands as decoration, and gave them to her with a bow.

"What's this?", Jin Ling answered, taking the flowers in her pudgy hands.

"Beautiful flowers for the most beautiful girl in the world", Lan Jingyi answered.

Jin Ling looked at him with her beautiful large eyes and her mouth slightly agape. Lan Jingyi felt immediately pleased with himself, if he dared to think so. But then he saw some tears in those eyes, and Jin Ling started sobbing. What? Did no one ever gave her compliments? He couldn't believe it! it would have been a crime!

"Why are you crying?", he asked, because asking was a mark of politeness.

Jin Ling stopped immediately both crying and sobbing. She got closer to him, almost nose-to-nose. Oh, Lan Jingyi knew what was to come! He had seen it in the romantic films his mother watched!

His thoughts were interrupted by a sharp pain in the shins.

"I am a boy!", Jin Ling shouted before stomping away, daffodils in hands.

*

"Whatcha thinking about?", Jin Ling asked, using Lan Jingyi's lap as a pillow. They were both lounging on the couch, Jin Ling watching a documentary about the march of the emperor penguins, Lan Jingyi watching him being enthralled.

"About our first meeting".

Jin Ling groaned.

"You, A-Ling, were already crazy about me", the other commented.

"It's this type of behaviour that makes others think you're unhinged. And they're right".

"My A-Ling likes it when I'm unhinged, though".

Said A-Ling hit him with an actual pillow, before continuing watching papa penguin taking care of his egg.