𝟢𝟢𝟫

"𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿, 𝗂 𝖽𝗂𝖽𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽"

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

     "Okay what happened after?"

     I smiled at Lonnie before launching back into the story. "Well... he held my hand while we walked around at the park, and he paid for my ice cream."

     Jessica sighed for the millionth time that day. "How many times do we have to here you talk about your boyfriend?"

     "Oh, shut it Jess. I think it's adorable." Annie smiled. The 𝟦 of us were hanging out in my room while I talked about my latest date with Liam.

     "Plus, he's not even my boyfriend," I protested. "We're just hanging out." I added before they could start teasing me about it. Lonnie glanced over at Annie, sharing a knowing smile with her.

     "So when do we get to meet him?" Lonnie asked.

     "Never. You get to meet him never, 'cause I can't risk having the gang completely chase him off." I said, sticking my tongue out sarcastically.

     "Oh come on-," Lonnie sighed, before the sound of someone knocking on the door interrupted her complaint. We collectively got up and ran to the door, only to see Soda and Steve standing at the door.

     "What are you guys doing here?" I spoke.

     Steve shrugged before walking past me and heading straight for the kitchen. No doubt to raid our fridge as usual.

     "I haven't seen you in forever and I wanted to give you some brotherly advice before your next date." Soda explained.

     I crossed my arms. "You saw me this morning when you stopped by for breakfast." I corrected him and walked back in the house, motioning for him to follow.

"Val," Jessica started as we all settled on the couch. "Whatever lover boy here tells you... ignore it. He has no experience in adolescent dating."

Soda shot her a quick glare before returning to his friendly demeanor. "I have plenty of experience."

     "Jess, and how many boyfriends have you had?" Annie chuckled.

     "Way more than you," Jess replied. She stood up and headed towards the door, but not before shooting Soda and Annie nasty glares.

     "Soda are we done here?" Steve grumbled. He finally returned from the kitchen holding 𝟤 sticks of butter, a jar of peanut butter, and a loaf of bread.

     "Steve," I warned. "This is the second time in a week that you've taken all our bread. How the hell am I supposed to eat my pb&j sandwiches!"