Chapter 1

John's POV

I can't believe that sera's ability loss got leaked! And that damned Ass-Lo wouldn't do anything about it! Ugh, this made things so much harder. And Sera was having a hard time already. Now all those students who might be holding a grudge against her might- No will go after her now that she doesn't have an ability. I just shook my head in frustration, all l could do for now was just get to school. 

After getting ready

"Hey! Sera! Wait for me" I cried after her as l ran to her. She turned around and stopped        "Hey" she replied back. "So... are you okay? Like after all that ability loss thing..." I asked.    "Yeah, I'm fine it was really more of the shock l guess." She said just looking straight ahead. "Your ability will come back you know," I said softly, "just give it some time".                                        "I guess..." She trailed off still looking straight forward...

At school (By the lockers)

"Augh! " grunted Seraphina as Zeke pushed her against the lockers                                                     "Not so tough now huh Seraphina?" He mocked her.                                                                                "Leave her alone!" I yelled at him as l struggled to get up,                                                                      "What are you going to do about it cripple?" Zeke replied as he knocked me down again. Suddenly a barrier formed around us just as he was about to beat us again, more specifically, Arlo's barrier. 

"Get lost all of you!" Arlo yelled at all the onlookers. They all scurried away like the sneaky rats they were. Zeke looked at Arlo stuttering "I was only teaching her a lesson on how cripples stay at the bottom, yeah Arlo? That's not a proble-." Arlo punched him in the face and said "There's no sense of accomplishment in beating a cripple! Get lost!"                                                                  "Arlo? Thanks" Seraphina said to him. 

"You're a cripple now Sera, know your place."

At lunch (skipped classes) 

"C'mon Sera, let's go sit in the cafeteria since we can't sit on the roof" I suggested.                     "Ok.." she replied looking a little down.  "C'mon, let's get some food" I said as l nudged her into the lunch line.

At the lunch table

I was chatting with Sera when out of the corner of my eye I saw another lunch tray shift onto the table. "Do I know you?" I asked not looking up, then soft laughter arose.                                    "You've changed quite a bit over the past few years huh?" A strangely familiar voice remarked. Out of curiosity l looked up to see a face that resembled mine in almost every way except for those deep violet eyes. My eyes grew wide at recognition,  "Amethyst?!".

First chapter done and only now l'm introducing her.

Please comment and vote!