Chapter 4 : Forbidden power

| Han-rim |

| Han-rim |

I ONCE again try to focus around my surrounding and try to gather my energy, my heart palpitating anxiously.

I was eager to find the answers myself, How was I able to recognize jang uk's energy? How was I able to see it's complexion? Jang uk's gate of energy is still blocked and he can't perform any spells yet. Not until the female lead's arrival.

The main plot has yet to take place so why I could see the exceedingly energy within him?

I huff out in annoyance when I fail once again. Im sure, It was a energy, that pushed the maid away. This body is weak, It can't take on strong challenges or maybe It can. Im not quite fully aware yet.

If i used my energy that time, why can't i use it now? I once again put my focus and try to gather my energy..Im feeling out of breath as I continue to keep trying.

I take in a deep breath, I can do it. Comeon, Comeon-- I wince when I feel a sharp pain in my head and My steps falter, I gasp for air as I start to feel suffocated.

What is going on..what is happening to me? My body aches as I feel something weird inside of me

"Yong-ah! Yong-ah!"

I feel someone's arm wrap around my shoulder and I struggle to breathe, my body feeling like its on fire.

"Its burning..."

I gasp for air and claw my nails on the arms of that person behind me, trying to help me

"Let me call for someone--"
"Don't--"
"Wait here."
"I said don't!"

I feel something surging through inside of me and the next second I realised, I was thrown away and my body hits the ground pretty much hardly and I let out a groan

What was this just now? I try to look at the person who was trying to help me and stare in confusion the person-- a young looking boy stares at me in amusement back.

"Yong-ah...Did..Did you just use Yinsu?"

What now?

"How could you...do that?"

I frown. I've never heard of yinsu before nor the characters had ever mentioned about it. So what is going on?

"How could you learn the forbidden power?"

My eyes widen at the new information im getting right now and I see my second life's "the end" here.

"Yong-ah!"

I hear him yell and I feel as if my body is going limp as I see everything darkening infront of my eyes and I lose myself to void.

[ FAST-FORWARDING TO THREE DAYS LATER ]

"Han rim-ah."

Ms.kang's sweet voice calls out for me as I look up towards her and she kindly smiles. When no one..has ever done that to me.

They were always either disgusted or pitying me. But never once anyone has ever, offered me a kind smile like ms.kang does.

Why..?

"What are you doing alone here? Don't you want to play with your other friends and have fun?"

The children's excited voice reach my ears as I look at them running behind each other and some playing house play or either playing with ball.

"But they don't like me.."

I mutter lowly and look down at my lap fiddling with my fingers

"Do you wanna play with me then?"
"Ms.kang...why do you not dislike me? Don't you feel disgusted?"

For some reasons her eyes glimmered and I get surprised when she pulls me into a hug

"Han rim-ah..everyone deserves to be happy. Everyone deserves to feel warm and welcomed. Don't mind the eyes who try to judge you my child, you are you and I do not dislike you, I could never do that to you han rim-ah."

This is the first time someone has ever said that to me.

"Okay..."

I feel warm.

"Such a pretty girl"

She pats my head and smiles once again at me and for the first time, I feel myself smiling but soon My face morphed into horror when my father grabs her hair and pulls her away and she shouts as I tremble in the corner and I cover my ears.

"Ms.kang!"

I scream as I try to reach towards her, who was lying down on floor covered in her own pool of blood and she only stares at me, lifeless and my cruel, psychotic father continued to stab her

And I only screamed and watched in horror, scared to my ground.

"You monster.."

I crawl back as now, he starts to move towards me

"You monster!"

I shot up on my place as I breathe heavily and my hands instinctively touch around my neck as i realised my hands are shaking.

Why did i suddenly have nightmare of that night? Back in my first life, after my father murdered my elementary school's teacher he went to prison and I was taken to foster care.

That memory haunted me for a long time in my past life but it stopped so randomly after i turned 18. I sigh and hold my head, the headache is still there.

"You seem to have your consciousness, princess yong."

I turn my head to the unfamiliar sound of voice and my blood runs cold and I choke on my own spit when i realise who is standing infront of me

"How are you feeling now?"
"A little pain in my head, thats all. Thankyou."

I force my smile and try to cover up my anxiousness as he smiles back at me

"How did you learn the forbidden power?"

Suddenly the boy's voice ring in my head and I feel nauseous all of a sudden. Why is the head of songrim here? Why...is park jin here to meet me?

"But..W-What are you doing here master park?"
"I asked for him to come here."

I look behind park jin and see go-won standing behind him, his hands crossed over his back as he gracefully walks inside.

Hope you had a wonderful week my dear sunshines <333

I apologize to everyone for late updates, but I ask of your patience and understanding that Im a high school kid, henceforth I've got assignments, studies and exams coming up 😭😭

I thank everyone who trust in me and are patiently waiting for my updates, although I can't promise you regular updates I'll try my best.

I once again apologize to everyone for the very short chapter but I tried my best to update for you guys asap.

"Yinsu" that I used in the chapter is from my own plot, its not in the originals of alchemy of souls. You'll know what yinsu is in further chapter

I hope you liked the chapter!