Chapter 2: Red dahlias & White tulips

[The morning]

The sun rises, shining towards Poppy and the 2 trolls. Poppy opened her eyes, she stood up, feeling energetic “Woo! Today’s the day! Sun is shining, Barb is still sleeping peacefully and the tank is empty! We are going to have the best day- The tank is empty-” she said staring at an empty tank where Trollex was sleeping “Uh Barb? Barb.. wake up?” Poppy said rocking Barb’s shoulder gently, “Hm? Oh morning Pops? You ok?” Barb tiredly said, getting up and stretching. “Uh.. Trollex is not in his tank” Poppy told Barb “Oh he.. Already left? Is there a problem?” Barb replied.

“Well, his stuff is still here… strange, I thought he’d bring his stuff. Not leave his stuff..” Poppy added, Barb then stood up, rubbing her eyes to see it clearly and looked around the room “Huh.. weird.. Maybe he’s going for a walk or..” She simply agreed. Before they know it, someone shows up. It was Trollex, he was about to go inside and notice the 2 trolls awake. “Oh mornin’ Pops and.. Barb, sorry I was sitting outside for a while..” Trollex shortly explained, with a smile “Oh phew.. It’s ok Lexi” Poppy replied “Alright, I’ll be making breakfast for you guys. You 2 do something, like bond together” Poppy said heading to the kitchen that is almost near her bed. 

“Soo.. Uhm.. how was your sleep, Lexi?” Barb said, striking a conversation “King Trollex.. Don’t call me Lexi..” Trollex sternly said “Oh uh.. Loud and clear!” Barb said, doing a finger gun “...My sleep was.. Good.. Thanks for asking..”  He sighed “Oh good! You’re welcome..” The rock troll said, then there were a few moments of silence “So why were you sitting outside?” Barb asked, “Because I was thinking and looking at Trollstopia” Trollex answered, playing the bracelet that Poppy gave him. “Ah.. alright..” Barb said, rubbing her arm, then they both stopped talking.

Then Poppy came to the room, holding a plate of 3 cupcakes “Alright breakfast is ready!” She said, “So.. got any plans for ideas for later Pops?” Trollex asked, picking a cupcake “Well, we can start going to…Oh! How about we go to Rock Hollow and Techno Lagoon? Then we can go around other fun places like… The Tunnel of Friendship! We can go there together!” Poppy suggested.

“Tunnel of Friendship?” Trollex curiously said, “Uhu! Then after that, maybe we can continue the sleepover activities” Poppy said “Continue the sleepover activities?” Barb questioned, hoping she heard it right “Yeah!” Poppy exclaimed “Oooh ok..” Barb put her hand behind her head. Poppy starts to notice Barb’s face, she looks like she's uncomfortable, when she turns her head to Trollex, same with Barb's expression “Well.. it’s ok if you guys don’t want to. We can do this sometime-” Poppy was about to finish until...

 “POPPY!” Smidge yelled outside of Poppy’s pod, “Oh uh hold on I’ll be right back!” Poppy said heading outside.

While Poppy was out, Barb looked at Trollex and said “Hey dude.. look I-'' But then was cut off by the techno troll “Save it Barb.. you really think that I can forgive you? After all the damage you did? You almost hurt small critters and even the homes!” He yelled but not too loud that Poppy wouldn't hear. Barb stood up, her hands together and said “Trollex, you out of all the trolls.. I understand you’re mad.. I know what I did was messed up” Barb said "Yeah I know what you did was messed up” Trollex said. “…Why can’t you forgive me?..” She asked, this makes Trollex mad.

“Hey guys!” Poppy interrupted the conversation “I almost forgot to tell you 2! Tomorrow, every troll will do a fun game! And we do it with a trio!! It was Holly Darlin's idea, she called it… The triple friendship fun game!” Poppy exclaimed “Soo.. I was thinking.. Maybe we can be a trio!” She suggested. Barb and Trollex thought for a while, “Sorry Pops.. I don’t think I could join” Barb said, heading to leave the pod. Poppy watched her leaving in confusion “Is there something bothering her?” She asked, Trollex flew a little towards Poppy “I have no idea… Oh how many challenges will there be in the game?” He asked, “There will be 3 challenges!” She answered “Hm, ok I’m in” Trollex crossed his arms. “Wait really? I mean that’s great!” Poppy exclaimed, Trollex smiled.