𝟘: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Daphne sat on her bed with her feet propped up on her desk as a youtube video played on her PC

Daphne sat on her bed with her feet propped up on her desk as a youtube video played on her PC. She glanced back at her when Burgundy suddenly threw her door open. Burgundy held Daphne's Stephen King novel up in the air before she tossed it onto the bed. She clapped her hands together and pointed at the group.

"Yes?" Mabel took the book in her hands and made a face, since she was not a fan, "Why did you suddenly freak and throw this?"

"We should go on an adventure."

Perking his head up, Marcus pursed his lips and raised his brows, "Oooh? What kind of adventure?"

"I mean..." Burgundy teetered on her feet with a huge grin on her face, "I'll be going back to Washington soon... so I figured we end my trip back with a bang."

"What's the bang?" Daphne inquired.

"We go down into the sewer systems here to see what it's like."

Daphne released a bemused laugh, "I can tell you what it's like. Dank and smelly."

"I'm vetoing it." Mabel immediately declared, "Absolutely not. That is dumb. No. No way in all hell."

"Oh, come on!" Burgundy cried out, her grin moved to the other two teens in the room. She latched her hands together behind her back, "How 'bout it?"

"I'm game." Marcus shrugged his shoulders. The idea could be fun for a mini adventure together, plus they'd go as a group. "Daphne?"

Pinching her nose, Daphne huffed out, "Fine. Whatever you guys do is fine."

Like two children looking for permission, Marcus and Burgundy's heads snapped in Mabel's direction. She shook her head, "No. You guys give me crap for being white but that is one hundred percent what a white girl does in a stereotypical horror movie. No. Nope. Besides, look at the time, the sun is beginning to set so by the time we're anywhere near a sewer opening it will be dark."

"That makes it more fun." Marcus, seeing a reason to poke Mabel's buttons pressed on, "It would be a cool experience-"

"No."

Burgundy groaned loudly, "Come on, Mabel! Don't be such a stick in the mud. Loosen up."

"Are you scared?"

"Yes!" Mabel practically exclaimed, "I believe in my whole heart that we will be abducted by some random scary men if we go out at this time of day."

"I mean we can go without you."

Daphne almost sank further in her seat and crossed her arms, "Yeah... if M doesn't go, then I'm not going."

"Daphne!"

Marcus' mouth dropped open wide and then he whipped his head back toward Mabel, "Mabel. C'mon!"

"Come on, Mabel, nothing is gonna happen."