𝟚𝟠: 𝔽𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕒

Daphne walked off and sat at the trailer park benches

Daphne walked off and sat at the trailer park benches. She brought her legs up on the bench and leaned her head to the side. She felt bad just leaving El like she did. She just wanted some air. She just wanted to be alone and to feel almost normal for just one moment. But she couldn't be normal even when she was alone. She had things wrong with her. She had the Upside Down forever trapped in her brain and she couldn't get away from it. No matter how hard she tried.

"I thought you left."

She tilted her head and stared at Mabel's friend in pajamas. Daphne extended her legs out in a stretch, "Just needed to take a walk."

He swatted her legs so he could sit down on the bench. He manspread from where he was before kneeling over to prop her legs back on top of his. He took out a joint and sank back down beside her, "You draw?"

"When I suggested you found an artist, I wasn't talking about me."

"Not an answer."

Daphne glanced over at him as he took a hit, "I like to draw."

"Are you any good?"

"You know-" Daphne took her legs off of him and crossed her arms over her chest, "When I suggested finding an artist to design a better shirt, I was thinking you'd ask the art students on campus."

"Fuck them." He kept the joint in his mouth as he scrounged his pockets for something and continued speaking, "I had an idea for a better club shirt but mine's shit."

Daphne accepted the crumpled up paper and had to flatten it out, "Sweet Jesus, this is terrible."

"Okay, hold on, it's not terrible-"

"You just called it shit." Daphne pointed out and scratched the back of her ear, "I get what you were trying to accomplish. You should find someone to draw it."

"I did."

"Ask Mabel to-"

"She'd point me to you, won't she?"

Daphne wrinkled her nose and huffed, "I guess that's true. Fine. Do you have any kind of art supplies?"

"I've got old homework, like a pencil, and crayons."

Daphne got up from the bench and gave him a bewildered look, "Crayons? Why crayons of all things?"

"They're easy to use and cheap to steal." He admitted while standing up and stuffing his hands into the pockets of his sweats, "And don't go telling the sheriff. He hates me enough."

"Good to know."

He pointed off toward one of the trailers, "That's me. It's not exactly clean or tidy or whatever might make you comfortable."

"I just need a chair and a flat surface so I can draw." Daphne walked alongside him. She hugged her arms and sighed, "How bad is your couch?"

"What?"