00. | before the borderlands.

CHAPTER 00♣︎♢♠︎♡T

CHAPTER 00
♣︎♢♠︎♡
T.HE PROLOGUE

"There's my superstars!" Their father would greet Yuzuha and Koemi whenever they would get home

"There's my superstars!" Their father would greet Yuzuha and Koemi whenever they would get home. The Usagis lived a— rather simple life... for Yuzuha and their father at least. The three lived in a small apartment, even with their names being almost well known in the mountaineer world. Their father said them living in a small place would bring them together; and it did.

The two sisters grew up rather close, and yet total opposites. Yuzuha, known by her last name to most (Usagi), was always the faster one, the stronger one, the younger sister had her strength and agility to guide her through everything. When it came to climbing with the family, she was the one their father looked towards the most. She was the rabbit, the quick white rabbit.

Koemi, on the other hand, was a rather... laid back person. The dormouse, as one would say. The sleepy, lazy, yet quick person who could snap back. Where her sister succeeded in athletics, she succeeded in cunning and witty behaviors. Growing up, Koemi enjoyed three things; climbing, trickery, and fashion. Two of those things she was able to make a career out of ... With the name of her father to help her.

She began to model at eleven— she didn't know the Usagi name was of help to her, but it did. Sports brands would have her shoot for their brands, in time cosmetics and different clothing brands as well. Koemi wasn't a household name, but she wanted to be. Yes, Koemi would go climbing with her sister and her father. But she wanted more, she wanted it all.

But under all the smiling and posing, she was still her father's daughter. At the end of the day, it was still Koemi, Yuzuha, and their father against the rest of the world. It was supposed to be like that for a long time.

-

"Yuzuha?" Koemi called out, opening the door to her sister's room. "You can't just keep doing this you know?" She watched as the girl stayed laying on the floor, no efforts to try and move from her place. The older sister had to take a heavy breath in, a cautious step forward to Yuzuha. "I made us some dinner."

Silence, still silence. "Please... Just this meal together." It was rather apparent, the relationship between these two sisters will stay strained. Their father was the glue, and now the bond has been broken.

"I don't feel like eating."

"Come on. It's been weeks, you can't just keep taking the food I leave at the door." And yet with every ounce of effort, Yuzuha wouldn't budge. Koemi could only sigh, if this was how it would be now— only small conversations, she didn't want to push it. Grief came in different ways, and it was clear to see that the two sisters did not share the same view.

"I'll be going to the city today for another shoot... Maybe we could have lunch together after that."

-

"Great work today everyone!"

"See you all tomorrow!"

Those phrases were a delight to hear for Koemi. She immediately rushed to her phone, checking all the notifications she had been receiving while grabbing her belongings. One stood out from all of them, however.

Koko, I'll be at the ramen shop we used to visit
I think we should have that meal together today
:)

Her heart warmed quickly. This was the fastest Koemi has changed out of the clothes and into her own. She passed by the multiple crew and models there, waving and bowing as a greeting— and a goodbye. The model was going to have lunch with her sister, and she wasn't going to miss that.

The hot summer sun began to beat down at the girl, sadly her hand wasn't a comfort when it came to trying to block out the light. Koemi continued to walk though, eager to see her sister. Something happened though, shouting, murmuring, and people stopping at their tracks for some reason. It was peculiar, and Koemi's eyebrow was raised high. She turned around to look up at the sky. "Fireworks?"

❮🐁❯