The Black Shield Corporation

16th February, 2020. Around 11:30 PM, a purple bus with seven passengers was moving along Ahmadu Bello Way, Coastal City, Kaduna State, Nigeria. The usual busy road is now preternaturally quiet and completely abandoned by people and vehicles. Suddenly, the old man driving the bus spotted two black SUVs via the rearview mirror, coming at a speed while honking at him to pull over; that caused the passengers to panic due to the fact that unnatural beings known commonly as metahumans have been terrorizing everyone and everything world wide, and there is no one to stop them.
     A nervous looking Filipino girl named Christine Domingo who was sitting at the back of the bus beside a young man who is dark in complexion and apparently her age mate. She watched the two SUVs trying to drive past the bus and force the bus driver to stop. She realized that the people that once abducted her have somehow tracked her down. She looked around the bus seeing everyone in it looking nervous and terrified but except the boy sitting next to her who is busy chatting on Facebook. She regretted not listening to her parents and friends whom kept advising her to remain in her country due to what has been happening world wide.
     "Just calm down, Christine. You're safe now", The young man said, grinning, without even looking at her.
     Christine sat there staring at the boy beside her who is a complete stranger to her but somehow managed to know her name. As she opened her mouth to ask the boy how he knew her name, something or someone landed on the bus thence leaving a large dent on the roof of the vehicle. She and everyone in the vehicle stared at the roof except the young lad who remains calm.
     On the spur of the moment, two hands effortlessly thrust through the metal roof and then torn off a large portion of it like a piece of paper. Three notorious rogue metahumans named Creda Diamond, Frank Gibbs (Crossfire), and Anita Benson (Voltage)  jumped into the bus through the large hole thus startling Christine and all the others except the young lad.
     "Stop the damn bus or you're going first, old man!", Anita said, angrily, as she and her crime mates all fixed a look on the young lad who they knew very well as one of the most dangerous credible threats of their organization (The Black Shield).
     The bus driver out of self preservation stopped the vehicle in the middle of the road shortly before the SUVs after them drove past them and then stopped in the middle of the road as well. He glanced back at the passengers whom were as terrified as he is. He then glanced at Anita and her friends whom were just staring at the young stranger.
     "God doesn't close a door without opening another one, Christine", the young man said, grinning, before he put his smartphone in his jeans pocket.
     "What do you think you're doing here? Do you think you can stop us from taking her with us?",  Frank asked, glaring at the young man.
     "I know one thing, guys. Christine is going home safely, along with everyone in this bus", the young man said, with a smirk, as he got up.
     "Don't start what you cannot finish, Ibrahim", Anita said,  as she scowled at the young man.
     Anita and her friends whom were given an order to bring Christine back to the Black Shield's base of operation located somewhere in Coastal City where she managed to escape from earlier. They stood there glaring at Ibrahim who is considered one of the most powerful metahumans on the planet by Dr James Breakspear the founder of the Black Shield Corporation. They have been told what he is capable of because he possesses immense superpowers.
     Christine and the other passengers remained in their seats staring at the ill-famed metahumans whom seemed so reluctant to take on Ibrahim even though he is obviously outnumbered. At that particular moment, they realized the League of Justice aren't the only metahumans that can scare off terrifying supervillains like the Voltage and her friends whom were responsible for unleashing chaos and destruction world wide.
     "Consider today your luckiest day and walk away, fellas. Because I'm not in the mood if you know what I mean", Ibrahim said, with a smirk.
     Anita and her crime partners just stood there staring at Ibrahim who has a history of killing metahumans that tried to kill him. They recalled how he had butchered uncountable number of Black Shield operatives not to mention they were lesser metahumans with mundane superpowers. They considered themselves one of the most powerful and most dangerous operatives of the Black Shield Corporation.
     "The girl is coming with us whether you like it or not", Creda said, in a stern voice, glaring at Ibrahim.
     "Okay go ahead, take her with you", Ibrahim said, grinning viciously.
     Creda sighed heavily before he walked towards Ibrahim and Christine boldly without any second thought just as Anita and Frank stood there watching. He thought of how famous he could be if he beats one of the most powerful and ruthless metahumans on the planet. He angrily swung a decisive blow at Ibrahim which he stopped with an open palm.
     "Even in your dreams, pal", Ibrahim said, with a chuckle, before he kicked Creda out of the bus through its windshield thence, startling everyone in the bus.
     On the spur of the moment, Anita's eyes began to glow blue shortly before electricity started flowing on her body. She shot a lightning bolt at Ibrahim which dissolved on him without even harming him. She stood there staring at him wide eyed in shock because she haven't meet any metahuman with enough durability to withstand her lightning until today. She exchanged a nervous look with Frank suddenly before Ibrahim flung a red lightning bolt at both of them that send them flying out of the bus through the broken windscreen.
     Christine and everyone in the bus stared at Ibrahim nervously and apparently surprised about how he managed to beat the Voltage and her villainous friends. They watched as the two SUVs in front of the bus pulled away at a speed that's when they swung a gaze at Ibrahim a metahuman they don't know at all and wondered who he is in the first place.
     "Who are you?", Christine asked, curiously.
     "I'll tell you but not here", Ibrahim said, just before he grabbed Christine by the arm and then vanished.
     Ibrahim and Christine appeared on the doorstep of a mansion that is located within a large estate which is surrounded by a brick wall situated on Lincoln Road, Coastal City, Kaduna State.  They exchanged a look just before the door opened and a young girl named Winnie Mkamburi came out of the mansion accompanied by three other youngsters named Hilda Wairimu, Aamir Mohamed and Swaleh Hajji.
"Oh you must be Christine Domingo", Hilda said, gladly.
     "How on earth do you guys knew my name?", Christine asked, sounding curious, as she fixed a firm look on Ibrahim.
     "Ibrahim told us about everything about you especially how you escaped that hell hole", Winnie said, grinning.
      Christine stood there staring at Ibrahim wondering how he knows everything about her and how she escaped the hell on earth. She looked around the large estate apparently she has never seen an estate so gigantic like it before. She turned to Ibrahim and his friends whom were obviously metahumans as well, as she wondered if they were members of the League of Justice which her captors kept complaining about.
"Come, let's get inside", Ibrahim said, with a sigh.
"Why? I don't even know you guys", Christine said, cautiously. 
"I just saved your life from those worthless goons", Ibrahim said, grinning viciously, as he read her thoughts.
        "That's exactly what the pervert says before kidnapping the girl and took her to his apartment", Christine said, distrustfully.
        "I am not a pervert, and so are my friends", Ibrahim said, in a stern voice.
        "Just because you saved my life that doesn't mean I should trust you. Not to mention, never trust a metahuman", Christine asked, sternly.
Winnie sighed heavily obviously knowing what Christine is going through ever since she escaped the Black Shield's insane research laboratory, because she has been there as well and she has seen the terrible things going on there. She moved closer to the nervous Filipino girl to comfort her that she's in safe hands now.
"I was abducted by the same people that abducted you but just guess how I end up here, Christine", Winnie said, tenderly.
"You used your powers to get out of the hellhole", Christine said, with a sigh.
"No, Ibrahim here, saved my life. Not just mine alone, Christine", Winnie said, smiling.  
"Those bastards after you are still after us. And they will not stop until they get what they want by all means necessary", Aamir said, in a serious tone.
"And we're going to give them what they want by all means necessary", Swaleh said, grinning viciously.
"And what's that?", Christine asked, sounding curious, as she stared at Swaleh.
"Absolute destruction, chaos and violence", Ibrahim said, with a smirk, before he went into the mansion.
Christine thought of what Aamir has said that the people after her are still after them thence making it clear that she is on the same page with them. She realized if she wished to live long to tell the tale she must stay with them not to mention she doesn't know anything about them. She sighed softly and then went into the mansion together with Winnie and the others.
Inside the gigantic mansion, in the enormous living room are a group of eight metahumans named Vincent Appiah, Jude Ochonogor, Dawn Fuse, Jessie Cruz, John Edet, Aishat Sarumi, Umar Buhari and Yusuf Shuaib whom were busy watching a television show entitled "Friends". They stopped what they were doing and stared at Ibrahim and the others.
"Christine, these are some of the members of our elite team", Winnie said, smiling.
"There are more of you guys? How many aren't here?", Christine asked, sounding curious.
"An army just to be precise", Ibrahim said, with a smirk.
"Welcome to the Elite, Christine. This is the only place you can learn how to control your gifts", Vincent said, grinning.
"And also learn how to use them properly", Aishat said, devilishly.
     "So the Elite is just like the League of Justice, right?", Christine asked, feeling desperate.
     "Don't compare us with those amateurs. We're better than them", Jessie said, in a stern voice.
     "How are you better than those who save people's lives?" Where was the so-called Elite when evil metahumans were terrorizing everyone and everything?", Christine asked, curiously.
     "We don't go around wearing costumes and capes", Jude said, sternly.
     "Where were they when the bus you we're in got attacked?", Jessie asked, grinning at Christine.
     "They can't be everywhere at the same time!", Christine said, sternly.
      "I wouldn't have said that if I was you. With their powers they can be anywhere they want on the planet. I'm I correct, Void?", John asked, looking at Ibrahim.
     The name 'Void' rang a bell in Christine's head trying to recall where she've heard the sobriquet before. Suddenly, she recalled the name as the notorious name of a lawless metahuman who goes around killing rogue metahumans and destroying properties worldwide. She fixed a look on Ibrahim who has saved her from a group of ill-famed metahumans without killing them.
     "So you're the ill-famed Void?", Christine asked, sounding nervous.
     "Take her to her room, Dawn. We'll talk more in the morning, Christine", Ibrahim said, with a sigh.
     "Come on, let's go", Dawn said, with a sigh, before she went up stairs and Christine followed suit.
     Winnie fixed a stare on Ibrahim as he sat down on one of the sofas in the living room staring at her as well. She wondered why he bought the estate and also brought a part of the team to Coastal City. She took a sofa that is opposite him as she stared at him waiting for him to say something since he already knows what is in her mind thanks to his omni telepathy.
     "We're here to maintain balance", Ibrahim asked, grinning at Winnie.
     "Balance? Killing rogue metahumans isn't maintaining balance", Winnie said, with a smirk.
     "I didn't kill Anita and her goon friends", Ibrahim said, with a sigh.
     "He has a point, Winnie", John said, with a vicious smirk.
     "Are we keeping the girl here?", Dawn asked, staring at Ibrahim, after coming down stairs.
     Ibrahim sighed softly as he thought of Christine who is apparently listening to their conversation in her room using her enhanced hearing. He thought about all his plans on his former home city crowded by rogue metahumans whom are controlled by the Black Shield Corporation. He realized the only people that would stand in his way are the League of Justice whom proclaimed themselves "the sole protectors of Coastal City".
     The next day around 7:30 AM, a young man named Rafael Dayo was in his apartment taking his breakfast while sitting on the couch. He picked up the TV remote beside him and then turned on the television set. He switched to several channels before he finally stopped on a channel named "NTA" showing the news of a bus that was attacked last night by a group of rogue metahumans, but was saved by an unidentified metahuman. He watched as the bus driver who kept talking about the mysterious metahuman who he deems a superhero already.
     On the spur of the moment, a gorgeous teenage girl came out of the bathroom with a towel concealing her body. She stopped in her tracks and then fixed a look on the bus driver talking on the TV. She thought about what has been going on globally due to the threat of rogue metahumans terrorizing everyone and everything. She also thought about the League of Justice whom came into the limelight and started protecting the people of Coastal City from the imminent threat of rogue metahumans. She sighed softly before she joined Rafael on the couch.
     "Where do you think this superhumans came from?", the girl asked, sounding curious.
     "They're called metahumans not superhumans, Rachel", Rafael said, after taking a sip of his coffee.
     "What's the difference anyway?", the girl named Rachel Abel asked, grinning.
Rafael swung a side look at Rachel suddenly before he felt the presence of someone very familiar. He fixed a look on the front door shortly before someone knocks at it. He got up and walked to the door instinctively sensing the presence of someone standing outside the apartment. He stopped at the door as he wondered if it is one of the rogue metahumans he had pissed off that managed to find out where he lives.
     "Long time no see, old friend", Ibrahim said, after teleporting himself into the apartment.
     "Holy shit!", Rafael said, apparently shocked to see Ibrahim.
     Rachel quickly got up and then fixed a stare on Ibrahim who she doesn't even know at all. She thought about the only possibility he was able to teleport magically is because he is a metahuman, and metahumans are the only species on the planet that can do the impossible. She fixed a firm look on her lover who turns out to have a metahuman friend.
     "Some things just never change, right?", Ibrahim said, with a chuckle, as he stared at Rachel half naked.
     "Go and get dress, Rachel", Rafael said, sternly.
     "Rachel, what a name", Ibrahim said, with chortle, staring at her heading to the bedroom.
     Rafael fixed a scowl on Ibrahim who has abandoned him and the others for half decade. He wondered where he has been for the past five years when he and the others were struggling to survive. He recalled perfectly about how they became metahumans after a brutal car accident on their way back home seven years ago. He left him standing at the door and then sat down on his couch.
     Ibrahim cracked a wide smirk as he looked around the apartment which reminds him of his former apartment downtown. He walked towards the pissed off Rafael watching the news of what happened last night. He took a seat on the other couch opposite Rafael's shortly before Rachel came to the living room and then sat down beside her lover. He briefly stared at the girl and he could tell that she really cares about Rafael.
     "So how are you doing, mate?", Ibrahim asked, with a smirk.
     "Buzz off! You're not welcome here", Rafael said, in a stern voice, without even looking at him.
     "Look, I'm so sorry, I know I've been a piece of shit", Ibrahim said, sincerely.
     "I'm glad that you know that, so just fuck off!", Rafael said, glaring at him.
     "I can't do that even if I want to, because we're all in danger", Ibrahim said, in a serious tone.
     Rafael soften his glare after processing what Ibrahim has just said. He suddenly realized that's why he even came back to Coastal City to warn them. He wondered where he has been for the past five years when he and the others were trying so hard to find him. He couldn't believe it that he actually came back to the city just to warn them of an imminent danger.
     "I think we've been in danger ever since you just left without telling us anything", Rafael said, sternly.
     "This is different, Rafael, there are rogue metahumans everywhere on the planet but why do you think their population kept increasing here?", Ibrahim asked, with a sigh.
     Rafael sat there looking at Ibrahim shortly before he recalled one of his friends Saoban Omar complaining about why rogue metahumans kept coming to Coastal City just to make their lives living hell. He started asking himself the same question Ibrahim asked him about  why the population of rogue metahumans kept increasing in the city of all the cities.
     "Why?", Rafael asked, with a sigh, as he glanced at Ibrahim.
     "They kept coming here ever since you guys decided to go out there in costumes and capes to save lives. The Black Shield Corporation vowed to take you down for that", Ibrahim said, with a weak chuckle.
     "Oh my God! You're a metahuman too!", Rachel said, staring at Rafael apparently in shock.
     "A member of the famous League of Justice to be precise", Ibrahim said, with a smirk.
Rachel quickly got up and then fixed a look on Rafael who she loves so much ever since she met him at a hook up party six months ago. She couldn't believe it that he would hide his secrets from her, not to mention they vowed to live together truthfully and without hiding anything from each other. She left the front room apparently angry that the person she loves and cares about more than anyone doesn't trust her enough to tell her that he's a metahuman.
     "She really loves you, buddy", Ibrahim said, truthfully.
     "The Black Shield Corporation, tell me about it", Rafael said, curiously.
     "It's an organization of demented scientists that run the freak show. They made us who we are today", Ibrahim said, with a sigh.
     "What did you mean? They made us who we're today?", Rafael asked, sounding puzzled.
     "That accident that almost killed us wasn't an ordinary one. They set everything up and they gave each and everyone of us a dose of the Serum X", Ibrahim said, with a sigh.
     Rafael sat there thinking about what Ibrahim has just said. He always thought to himself that what happened to them on the highway wasn't a regular accident. He swung a look at Ibrahim who left the city a week later after the accident. He wondered why he left without telling them anything about the Black Shield Corporation until today. He wondered how a drug turned them into superhumans or metahumans like everyone used to call them.
"So the Serum X made us what we're? How comes you never tell us anything about it?", Rafael said, sounding shocked, as he looked at Ibrahim.
"I was protecting you guys back then that's why I left. Had it been I've stayed things would've gotten worse here", Ibrahim said, sincerely.
"Then why are you back?", Rafael asked, with a sigh.
        "Because an association of powerful metahumans mostly known as the Elite is here as well and that's not good at all. They've been tracking me down for a while now, and I can't fight them all on my own. They are here for you guys that's why I came back", Ibrahim said, sounding serious.
Rafael sat there feeling nervous as he thought about what Ibrahim has said about a group of metahumans coming after the League of Justice. He wondered why they are coming for them anyway, that's when he fixed a look on Ibrahim who has a long history of attracting trouble like magnet wherever he treads. Without saying a word, he got up and went to the bedroom where he found Rachel packing her things.
"What are you doing?", Rafael asked, with a weak chuckle.
"What do you think?", Rachel asked, as she stared at him coldly.
"Look, I'm so sorry", Rafael said, sincerely, as he moved closer to her.
"For lying to me all these days or for keeping your secret from me all these days?", Rachel asked, feeling angry.
"I'm so sorry, I was protecting you and all those people I love and care about", Rafael said, truthfully, as he put his arms around her and held her with compassion.
Ibrahim sat there in the living room staring at Rafael and Rachel in each others arm, using his x-ray vision. He cracked a vicious grin as he recalled all his past girlfriends whom he used to thought that he would never live without, but unfortunately fate did what it do best. He got up and walked to the door but before he could open it Rafael and Rachel came back to the living room.
"Where are you going?", Rafael asked, with a sigh.
"Don't forget to warn the others. I'll be in touch, buddy", Ibrahim said, before he left the apartment.
That afternoon a young man named Saoban Omar pulled over on the driveway of a duplex house situated on Sir Obafemi Awolowo Street, in a Black Mercedes Benz. He got out of it and then looked around the street to make sure no one was stalking him. He briefly surveyed the houses using his ability to see through anything. He sighed softly before he headed towards the house not sure why Khalifa kept texting him to come over. He opened the door and got inside where he found Rachel, Rafael and the rest of the team members: Ishaq Sani, Khalifa Farouk, Emeka Linus, Jerry Mike, Bright Casmir, Ruth Owen, Vida Peters, Precious Max, Okon Crane and Alice Max.
"What is she doing here, dude? I thought we talked about this", Saoban said, staring at Rafael then at Rachel.
"She knows who we're, because she deserves to know", Rafael said, sternly.
"That's not how to protect our loved ones by puting them in harm's way. There's a very good reason why we didn't tell our families about us, particularly our parents", Saoban said, so fed up.
"Ibrahim's back", Ishaq said, changing the topic.
Saoban stood there staring at Ishaq wondering if he heard what he said clearly or if his unnatural hearing has started playing tricks on him. He glanced at Khalifa who lowered his head apparently approving that what he heard is true. He suddenly felt his primal rage towards Ibrahim restarting itself. He thought about how he had abandoned them for the past three years without phone calls and even text messages.
"That son of pig was here and you let him go without a scratch?", Saoban asked, feeling very angry.
"He came to me", Rafael said, with a sigh.
"And what did you do to him?", Saoban asked, curiously.
"Nothing, because he came to warn us about the freaks running the freak show", Rafael said, boldly.
"After what he did to us? You believed everything he told you? You're stupid, do you know that?", Saoban asked, feeling his rage boiling within him.
Rafael let go of Rachel's hand feeling offended that Saoban has just disrespected him again in front of his girlfriend and the others. He got up and then fixed a cold stare at him feeling very angry at the moment. He flipped the table beside him to the wall which breaks into pieces upon impact thus startling Rachel.
"Who is stupid?", Rafael asked, in a fit of rage.
"You don't need to fight, guys. We're all on the same side here", Ibrahim said, shortly after appearing at a table behind the sofa.
Saoban and the others quickly around and saw Ibrahim sitting comfortably at the table. They wondered how he suddenly appeared in the house or if he has been there the whole time without anyone of them noticing his presence. They watched as he got up and then walked around the sofas grinning viciously.
"Who's the guy?", Okon asked, unable to read Ibrahim's thoughts just like he couldn't read the thoughts of  Saoban, Khalifa, Rafael and Ishaq.
"I'm Ibrahim Musa by the way. A devoted fan of the League of Justice", Ibrahim said, grinning at Okon.
"Hold it right there, moron!", Khalifa said, pissed.
"You really have lots of guts showing your filthy face!", Saoban said, grinning viciously.
"You have no idea", Ibrahim said, laughing maniacally.
"Get out!", Khalifa said, glaring at Ibrahim.
"Make me", Ibrahim said, with a daring smile.
Saoban and Khalifa stepped forward apparently ready to thrash Ibrahim for even having the guts to show up again after what he did to them. While Rafael and Ishaq just stared at Ibrahim not sure whether to join the fight or not, not to mention what he did to them that really hurt their feelings. Okon and his fellows got up as well desperate to help Saoban and Khalifa kick Ibrahim's ass.
Ibrahim stood there grinning wickedly just before Saoban and Khalifa lurched towards him angrily. He refused to fight back as they grabbed him and then tackled him down. He lay there welcoming their raging blows one at a time. After giving them enough time to thrash the living daylight out of him, he mentally hurled them off him. He quickly regained his feet and then fixed a daring look on Precious and her friends whom are willing to join the fight.
Without any second thought Precious, Emeka, Okon, Ruth, Alice, Vida and Jerry lurched at Ibrahim blindly who mentally freezed them in their tracks, hurled them to the wall and then pinned them there as they kept struggling to break free but to no avail. He hurled and pinned Saoban and Khalifa to the wall as well after they attempted to attack again.
"That's enough!", Ishaq said, sternly.
"Tell them what you told me", Rafael said, staring at Ibrahim.
"The Black Shield Corporation and the Elite are both here in Coastal City to make your lives living hell, especially their guinea pigs you recruited recently", Ibrahim said, looking at the infuriated Saoban .
"Who are you calling guinea pigs, asshole?", Bright asked, glaring at Ibrahim.
"The Black Shield Corporation is an organization of demented scientists whom were responsible for creating all the metahumans on the planet, whom were also responsible for the accident we almost died in, and they're here to claim us as trophies", Rafael said, in a serious tone.
"And what about the Elite?", Ishaq asked, curiously.
"It's a group of powerful and ruthless metahumans whom don't care about the Black Shield Corporation and the League of Justice, or any superhero out there", Ibrahim said, tenderly, before he let go of Saoban and the others.
"Let me just guess, you couldn't handle them on your own that's why you came back here to your friends whom you betrayed!", Saoban said, still mad at Ibrahim.
"Did you even feel anything after you left us dumbfounded?", Khalifa asked, in a fit of anger.
"To be honest with you, I regretted ever leaving you guys but I didn't betray you. I left because I thought they would leave you guys alone and come after me instead", Ibrahim said, seriously.
"Why would they do that?", Rafael asked, curiously.
"Because they told me they would be coming after us once we survive the deadly serum they injected into our veins after the accident", Ibrahim said, tenderly.
"They injected us with a deadly serum?", Khalifa asked, in a nervous tone.
"They called it Serum X. And according to them, no one has ever survived it", Ibrahim said, seriously.
"But we did", Saoban said, feeling puzzled.
"Exactly, and that's why this city becomes a ground zero of metahumans", Ibrahim said, with a sigh, as he took a seat.