The Flying Visit

Ibrahim was sitting in the living room listening to Rafael and the others talking about the ill-famed the Black Shield Corporation responsible for creating all the metahumans on the planet for almost a decade. He thought about all his plans to take down the demented organization by all means necessary even if he will leave piles of corpses in his wake. He thought about building an unstoppable army of metahumans, which he has started already. He caught Bright, Vida and Emeka all staring at him obviously suspicious.
     Bright kept staring at Ibrahim feeling very suspicious of him due to the fact that he has deserted his best friends when they needed him the most. She could tell by the way he is acting that he is definitely up to something, and she will stop at nothing to find out what kind of delicious meal he is cooking. She exchanged a look with Vida who is apparently thinking about the same thing as well.
     "So where have you been for the past five years?", Bright asked, suspiciously.
     Saoban, Rafael, Khalifa and Ishaq all fixed a look on Bright apparently glad with the question she has asked Ibrahim. They stared at Ibrahim who just sat there smiling at Bright. They have been waiting impatiently to ask him where he has been for half decade. They wondered where he has been for those years and why he decided to show up now to warn them about the Black Shield Corporation.
     "Busy building an army of metahumans with the same self-interest as me", Ibrahim said, boldly.
     Rafael and the others all stared at Ibrahim suspiciously shortly before he started laughing maniacally. They exchanged puzzle looks wondering what was so funny that makes him laugh like a total psychopath. They watched as he stood up still laughing maniacally which started to annoy them.
     "Are you nuts or what?", Saoban asked, feeling annoyed.
     "Sorry, I was kidding", Ibrahim said, with a chortle.
     "Then where have you been?", Bright asked, curiously.
     "Sparrow City, working at a printing press", Ibrahim said, with a sigh.
     "Does that printing press has a name?", Vida asked, curiously.
     "One Love Printing Press", Ibrahim said, with a sigh, as he got up to leave.
     "Where are you going?", Ishaq asked, tenderly.
     "I'll be right back", Ibrahim said, with a grin.
     A young woman named Meenat Ahmad got out of her parent's house which is located on Yakubu Gowon Road, with her purse in hand apparently in a hurry to go to the mall downtown. She stopped suddenly in her tracks on the driveway after spotting Ibrahim grinning right at her while standing on the sidewalk of the house. She couldn't even recall the last time she has seen his filthy face ever since she discovered that he was cheating on her. She hurried towards him in a fit of anger as she thought of how she has threatened to kill him if he ever show his lousy face again. She stopped on the pavement waiting for a taxicab pretending as if she haven't seen him at all.
     "Hi, it has been a while", Ibrahim said, softly, as he moved closer to her.
"Talk to me again and I'll spank your filthy face", Meenat said, in a stern voice, glaring right at him.
"I deserve it but I want you to hear me out first before you could spank me", Ibrahim said, tenderly.
"What did I even tell you back then, traitor?", Meenat asked, angrily.
"It doesn't matter now, Meenat. Let the bygone be bygone", Ibrahim said, tenderly.
"Buzz off!", Meenat said, a loud and angrily.
Ibrahim stood there as Meenat looks the other way waiting for an empty taxicab that will take her to the mall. He looked around briefly to confirm that no one is watching him, before he vanished at a speed of light and then appeared with a package of coffeecake and a black coffee which are her favourites.
"I bought something for you as a gesture of goodwill", Ibrahim said, as he extended his hand to give her the package.
Meenat turned to Ibrahim apparently tired of hearing his vile voice and just want him to go away and leave her alone. She softened her angry face seeing the package in his hand which wasn't with him the moment she has seen him. She fixed a stare on him apparently confused and surprised because she could swear she didn't see the package when she spotted his shadow on the sidewalk.
"I'm so sorry for hurting your feelings, Meenat. I'm so sorry for everything I've done to you in the past. I hope you'll forgive me", Ibrahim said, sounding sincere.
Meenat collected the package as she thought of forgiving him for breaking her heart five years ago during their high school graduation. She fixed a look on him reminding herself of who he used to be back then, that's when she realized it is not wise to trust him because of his ways of doing things. She stopped an empty taxicab and then hopped in without saying a word to him.
Ibrahim stood there smiling viciously at the cab Meenat got into as it pulled away. He thought to himself that she has made her first mistake she wouldn't regret by collecting the package. He looked at Meenat's home for a moment as he thought of her older brother (Abdulqadir Ahmad) and her first cousin (Hashim Sa'ad) whom were both on his list.
Saoban and his superhero teammates were in the living room watching as the governor of Kaduna State named Achim Shears giving a speech live about how the League of Justice relentlessly kept protecting the state from the threat of bad metahumans that kept increasing in population. They watched as the governor stepped down and the deputy governor named Shawna Tadeo stepped forward and suggested that the superheroes should stepped out of the shadow by unmasking themselves and then work with the government to maintain law and order.
"You've got to be kidding me!", Rafael said, a loud.
"What?", Saoban asked, looking at Rafael.
"Unmasking ourselves and work with the government. That's a very terrible idea which will not end well", Rafael said, repulsively.
"I don't see anything wrong with that", Emeka said, seriously.
"We could be famous", Okon said, feeling excited.
"You guys aren't one of us yet. You're under our protection", Rafael said, in a stern voice, looking at Okon and his fellows.
"Shut the hell up, Raf!", Khalifa said, feeling annoyed.
"I'm not going public for my own good! Let's go Rachel", Rafael said, sternly, before he left the house with his girlfriend.
"What's wrong with him?", Jerry asked, curiously.
"I think he was right. Unmasking ourselves is not a good idea at all", Ishaq said, reasonably.
Deputy Governor Shawna was in her office located in the government house which is situated along Sir Abubakar Tabawa Balewa Way, Sparrow City. She thought about the governor's speech which she has deemed pathetic because of how he kept praising the League of Justice. She also thought about her deal with the Black Shield Corporation that promised to make her the governor by eliminating the current one by all means necessary.
On the spur of the moment, the mayor of Coastal City Tunde Ulrik came into the office accompanied by two scientists of the Black Shield Corporation named Dr Tom Ridge and Dr Eddy Godrica whom were both in black suits. The mayor grinned at the deputy governor who wasn't dumb enough to refuse the deal of the organization building an army of metahumans just to take down the world governments and then take over the world. He gestured the doctors to take seats which they did without wasting time.
"The boss likes your suggestion, ma'am. In that case, he wants you to decide when that pathetic governor will be taking out of the picture", Dr Tom said, grinning viciously.
"Let me just guess, you've proven yourself a worthy member of the Black Shield Corporation", Mayor Tunde said, grinning at the deputy governor.
"When are you going to prove yourself worthy, mayor?", Dr Eddy asked, with a chuckle.
"I already had, Dr Eddy", Mayor Tunde said, in a serious tone.
"What did you do again?", Dr Tom asked, with a smirk.
"I masterminded the three barbarous bank robberies of Coastal City. I also masterminded the assassination of the former governor which took place at his resident", Mayor Tunde said, softly.
Deputy Governor Shawna just sat there staring at the mayor of Coastal City who looks pitiful from the outside but cruel and malevolent from the inside. She couldn't believe it that he was behind the assassination of the former governor who was beating to death in his own home that was heavily secured. She wondered why he ordered the assassination in the first place.
"Because he turned down our offer and threatened to expose us", Dr Eddy said, reading her thoughts.
"What? Oh my God! How did you know what was in my mind?", Deputy Governor Shawna asked, surprised.
"They're both metahumans, ma'am", Mayor Tunde said, grinning.
"If you wish to remain a worthy member, you must be cruel and dangerous", Dr Eddy said, in a serious tone.
"So let's talk about that son of pig. When do you want him dead?", Dr Tom asked, grinning viciously.
Deputy Governor Shawna sat there smiling viciously because she has been given the opportunity to decide when the current governor should pay a visit to the nether land. She cracked a wide smirk as she thought of herself as the new governor of Kaduna State. She thought about how she wants the current governor to perish.
Christine came downstairs and found Winnie and the others playing ludo while making fun of each other. She looked around the gigantic living room unable to find Ibrahim anywhere who has been absent during breakfast. She sat down beside Winnie wondering where Ibrahim is.
"Where is he?", Christine asked, with a sigh.
"He will soon be back", Jessie said, trying to focus on the game she is participating.
"That's what he told me earlier but Ibrahim is still not here", Christine said, sternly, as she fixed a firm look on John.
"Let me just guess, you like him that's why you miss him", John said, in a chuckle.
"Like who?", Christine asked, feeling annoyed.
"Your boyfriend, Ibrahim Musa", Aishat said, with a chuckle.
"He's not my boyfriend, besides I heard you used to screw him before you discovered that he was screwing someone back in Sparrow City", Christine said, derisively.
Aishat stood up in a fit of rage, hurried towards Christine with the desire to thrash the hell out of her for disrespecting her the way she did. She extended a hand to grab her while she was sitting beside Winnie but Umar held her back which makes her more angry. She turned around with an elbow blow that he stopped with an open palm. She attempted to push him away but he maintains his balance using his enhanced durability.
"Calm down, Aishat!", Umar said, aloud.
"Why? the wench should know her place", Vincent said, scowling at Umar.
"What? Are you nuts?", Winnie asked, glaring at Vincent.
"There's only one way to find out, Weather Sorceress", Vincent said, grinning viciously.
Winnie swung a filthy look at Vincent who considers himself above all due to his superpowers. She stood up and then fixed a cold look on him apparently daring him to make a move first. She suprisingly watched as John and Jude stood up as well and took his side. She looked at Aamir, Swaleh and Hilda whom quickly took her side.
Suddenly, Ibrahim appeared in the living room sitting at a table behind the southern sofa. He swung a look at Winnie and the others trying to tear themselves apart. He wondered how many times he would have to remind them that they're all on the same page. He shook his head apparently disgusted and then fixed a look on Christine who kept staring at him.
Meenat returned home from the shopping mall looking exhausted and desperately in need of food and shower due to the overwhelming heat. She got inside the house where she found her older brother sitting comfortably on one of the sofas, drinking Coke and watching TV. She dropped the packages in her hands on a table, exclude the package Ibrahim had given her. She turned to go upstairs to her room but stopped in her tracks recalling Ibrahim.
"When was the last time you saw that despicable friend of yours?", Meenat asked, fixing a look on her brother.
"I have lots of despicable friends, so be specific, little sister", Abdulqadir said, with a sigh.
"Ibrahim Musa", Meenat said, sternly.
"I haven't seen that unworthy moron since our graduation day", Abdulqadir said, feeling annoyed.
"He was here earlier", Meenat said, with a sigh.
"Let me just guess, the despicable old flame is back", Abdulqadir said, in a chuckle.
"Shut up", Meenat said, before she turned and went upstairs. 
Meenat got to her room and then put the package Ibrahim had given her on a table beside her bed. She thought of taking a hot shower to get rid of the heat that has overwhelmed her but the pang of hunger couldn't let her. She opened the package and then take a bite of her coffeecake before taking three sips of her coffee which is still surprisingly hot. She stared at the coffee which suppose to be cold not hot, apparently feeling weird. 
"That's weird", Meenat said, before she kept the coffee and the coffeecake back on the table.
On the spur of the moment, Meenat started feeling extremely hot and light-headed. She suddenly heard someone laughing behind her. She turned around and found Ibrahim standing at the door laughing at her. At that very moment, she glanced back at the coffee on the table with the thought that he has drugged her. She attempted to move towards him but she collapsed on the floor feeling extremely weak. She attempted to regain her feet twice but couldn't due to how her body has became so weak. She tried to call out for her older brother downstairs but unable to even talk. She fixed a look on the ceiling, feeling paralyzed and wondering what the despicable Ibrahim has given her. She dreadfully wondered if he has came back to the city for payback.
"I don't hold grudges, love. Besides, I very much deserved what you did", Ibrahim said, in a serious tone, as he stood over Meenat.
"What did you give me, psycho?", Meenat asked, forcefully.
"Something that will change your life forever, love", Ibrahim said, grinning viciously.
Suddenly, a sort of pain overwhelmed Meenat forcing her to scream in agony as her body started trembling continuously. She started yelling out for Abdulqadir to help her as she felt as if something is trying to skin her alive from the inside.
Ibrahim mentally put her to sleep shortly before Abdulqadir rushed in obviously terrified due to the way his sister has been calling his name. He stood there over the unconscious Meenat as her brother scowled at him apparently confused about how he even got inside the house without being noticed by him. He grinned wickedly at his oldest best friend who he haven't seen for a very long time. 
"It's not what you think", Ibrahim said, with a chuckle.
"What are you doing here? What did you do to her, you piece of shit?", Abdulqadir asked, getting angrier.
"Nothing, I swear", Ibrahim said, smiling mischievously.
"Then what are you doing here?", Abdulqadir asked, curiously.
"I came to see her but she fainted like someone who has seen a ghost", Ibrahim said, sounding serious.
"I wasn't born yesterday, dude. I'm calling the cops right now if you didn't get the hell out of here", Abdulqadir said, threateningly.
"I can't let you do that, because I won't let you", Ibrahim said, boldly.
"Don't say I didn't warn you, punk", Abdulqadir said, smiling viciously.
"Trust me, I won't", Ibrahim said, boldly.
Abdulqadir pounced on Ibrahim angry in an attempt to thrash him for usurpation. He swung a decisive blow at him that he stopped with an open palm which suprised him greatly. He attempted to swung another blow with the other hand but got hurled back to the wall hard enough to knock the wind out of him. He managed to regain his feet and surprisingly stared at Ibrahim who just stood there smiling viciously at him.
"How did you do that?", Abdulqadir asked, curiously.
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you", Ibrahim said, with a smirk, as he took a seat.
"Try me, moron", Abdulqadir said, in a stern voice.
"I'm no longer the person I used to be back then. I'm a metahuman now", Ibrahim said, in a serious tone.
"Bullshit! I'm not stupid, pal. Do I look stupid to you? ", Abdulqadir asked, in a stern voice.
"Can a human being do this?", Ibrahim asked, with a smirk, shortly before he mentally lifted the unconscious Meenat from the floor and then lay her down on her bed.
Abdulqadir stood there as he fixed a gape on Ibrahim who has performed a feat no human being on the planet can ever do even in the dream world. At first he thought he was dreaming about it but then reminded himself of the metahumans roaming about the world unleashing dread, destruction and death. He couldn't fathom how he even became a metahuman in the first place. 
A young man named Hashim Sa'ad was working alone on a dead rat in a gigantic laboratory which is situated at Kaduna State University. He stopped what he was doing and then looked at his wristwatch, it's already 4:30 PM. He thought about calling it a day but that's when he heard a chuckle. He turned around quickly and found Ibrahim, who he haven't seen for a very long time, sitting on a stool comfortably. He looked around trying to figure out how he got in since the door is been locked from the inside.
"Here's the weird thing, I teleported myself here", Ibrahim said, seriously.
Hashim fixed a look on Ibrahim who thought he could pull a fast one on him not to mention, he is remarkable when it comes to tricks and deceptions. At first he thought Ibrahim was joking until he watched as Ibrahim pulled out two vials of green fluid and then mentally put them on the table he was working. He gazed down at the vials and then stared at Ibrahim so curious and also desperate to know how he preformed the feat.
"How did you do that?", Hashim asked, curiously.
Ibrahim cracked a wide smile and then moved closer to Hashim who used to be obsessed with creating drugs capable of giving humans supernatural abilities. He decided to recruit him just to give him a chance to fulfill his long time dreams. He fixed a look on the dead rat which was apparently opened up with a scalpel. He mentally patched it up and then brought it back to life which suddenly caused Hashim flinched obviously shocked and terrified.
"Holy shit! You brought the rat back to life!", Hashim said, feeling shocked.
"One vial can change your life forever. I'm here to give you a chance to become one of us, to become a metahuman, to become an upgrade of human species. I've given Meenat and Abdulqadir already", Ibrahim said, with a smirk.
Hashim stared at Ibrahim who just claimed that he has given Meenat and Abdulqadir the vial. He wondered how he even gave Meenat the vial of the green fluid despite the fact that she hates him more than anything on the planet because of what he did to her. He thought of asking him how he had managed to convince her to accept the drug, but he is more desperate to ask him how he got the magical drug in the first place.
"Where did you get the drug?", Hashim asked, curiously.
"Take the drug first and we shall talk about it later", Ibrahim said, boldly.
"What if it kills me?", Hashim asked, sounding nervous.
"Trust me, it won't. And don't forget to replicate the other serum. I need you to create ten more", Ibrahim said, with a sigh.
"Ten more? How am I supposed to do that without the formula?", Hashim asked, sounding curious.
"There's nothing Hashim version 2.0 can't figure out", Ibrahim said, with a chuckle.
Hashim gazed down at the vials on the table beside him recalling their past lives in high school when he and Ibrahim used to be enemies. He looked up at the table Ibrahim was sitting at but he wasn't there anymore. He sighed heavily trying to figure out how to replicate one of the green serum vial. He picked up one of the green serum vials and then looked at it, so desperate to know more about its origin. 
Bright and Vida were standing across the street opposite the third gate of Kaduna State University where they've managed to follow Ibrahim despite the fact that he is incredibly faster than anyone of them combine. They wondered why he even comes to the university in the first place. They realized if he is cooking something good he would have get inside like a normal person instead of teleporting himself inside. They remained there watching few students in lab coats roaming around the school premises.
Vida stood there beside Bright who he likes so much but doesn't know how to tell her about his feelings trying to tear him apart from the inside. He despised seeing her talking with another guy particularly Emeka who has a seductive talent to win a girl's heart with his jokes. And now he is more worried about her trying to prove to the others that Ibrahim is another culprit with superpower. He sighed softly before he gazed at her willing to protect her by all means necessary because he also has a feeling that something is not right and things would get pretty ugly very soon
"Why did he come here of all the bad places in this city?", Bright asked, giving Vida a side look.
"Believe me when I say this, Ibrahim is up to something none of us would like. I know a bad guy when I see one", Vida said, in a serious tone.
A pauper in rag clothes was in a waste-yard looking for food by going through trash can after trash can. He heard movements behind him and quickly turned back nervously, and to his own surprise he found a very pretty light skin girl, with short hair apparently in her twenties, staring right at him. He looked around to see if there's anyone in the waste-yard with them but there's none. He fixed a look on the girl and wondered what she's even doing there to begin with.
"Who are you? Are you lost?", the pauper asked, kindly.
"Let's dispense with the introductions, and get straight to the kill!", the girl said, grinning viciously.
"What?", the pauper asked, confused.
The girl lurched at the pauper with an insatiable appetite for bloodlust and unparalleled killing instinct. She moved right at him at a bullet speed, grabbed one of his arms and then torn it off his body swiftly. She seized the pauper by the throat as he screams in terror and extreme pain. She hauled him above her head with less effort and then slammed him on the floor hard enough to knock the wind out of him. She crushed his head with her boot feeling no remorse and then turned around, and found the leader of the Black Shield Corporation (Dr James Breakspear) standing few feet away from her accompanied by his two personal metahuman guards. 
"How does it feel to take a life that has it coming, Karita?", Dr James asked, with a smirk.
The girl named Karita stood there staring at the pauper she had slain brutally. She felt an overwhelming desire to kill again by all means necessary. She looked at the leader of the Black Shield Corporation waiting impatiently for him to assign her to kill someone again. She could feel a sort of invincibility surging through her rapidly.
"It feels good, sir", Karita said, with a wicked smirk.
"Those are the traitors you will be killing next, my dear", Dr James said, in a command tone.
Karita pulled her smart phone out of her pocket after feeling it buzzed. She opened the multimedia message sent to her by an unknown contact. She found the photos of Alice, Precious, Okon, Emeka, Bright, Ruth, Vida and Jerry whom she seemed to recognize back at the experimentation center. She cracked a wide smile apparently glad that she will finally get to kill metahumans.