Chapter 4

The boy was asleep when they arrived so she carried him into her room, put him to bed and left to sleep in another room. The next morning he got up and found himself in a bright room, all cleared up with books around and a really big bed. He looked outside the window and saw a lot of people passing and moving in all directions, and there were buildings all around looking really fancy.

Marcus: where the hell did she take me?

He got out of bed and found a pair of clothes on a chair with a note written;

Take a shower in that door [he looks at the door] then you can dress up and come out to eat.

Marcus: [laughs sarcastically] doesn't she know I've seen such tricks already. Anyway, let's see what use she has of me.

He showers and dresses up then goes out of the room and finds her waiting for him.
Lady: finally, you're up. Good I'm starving.
Marcus: so why didn't you eat woman?
Lady: you know what boy, it is rude to call somebody woman. I have a name.......
Marcus: let me guess Queenson, or is it Heiress or Badass [laughs]
Lady: now you're toying my patience. What or who do you think I am?!
Marcus: I don't know you but you scared the sh** out of Manny. I don't think I've ever seen that before, then whoever your badass father is.........

Lady: okay listen here boy, I'm not a street nun or a badass like I claimed to be or even any form of drug-dealer. I'm just a simple medical student of Wien University in Austria we are no longer in the ghetto anymore or whatever it is you call it. My father is just an owner of a banking society and my mother is a nurse. My name is Clare James so quit it with the 'woman' you keep calling me. So let's seek grace and eat.

Marcus: .............. So why did you help me?
Clare: why does anyone help, we're a people and no one has the right to abuse a fellow human being much less a young child and how old are you?
Marcus: I'm six years old.
Clare: you're only six? Wow, you're one brave little boy. So what is your name? Or should I call you boy or lil man?
Marcus: its Marcus, Marcus Blakeston. So why exactly did you wait for me to eat you could have just told me to get up.
Clare: you looked pretty exhausted.
Marcus: that still doesn't explain why you waited
Clare: [putting rice and chicken in the plates] what really is your problem Marcus?

Marcus: [eyes get teary] I haven't heard my name being called in years.
Clare: oh poor Marcus [hugs him] you must have gone through a whole lot. Anyway, I waited because I didn't want you to think I poisoned you or something [laughs].
Marcus: thank you, Clare for getting me out of there. I guess Amelia was right looking up does help a lot.
Clare: Amelia?
Marcus: she's also being abducted with two other women they've been there longer than I have.

Clare: oh no. Let's seek grace [they pray] eat up. So haven't they tried running or screaming for help?
Marcus: all that doesn't work he owns the city and this drug-dealing is a global problem.
Clare: I think I heard something like that on the news they say the embassies are looking into it.
Marcus: so that's where the embassy sh** came from [laughs].
Clare: [smiles] pretty smart right? I hope something good turns out for them.

Marcus: but you know Kingson will find us.
Clare: he can't find you here trust me, this is the very last place anyone would think of looking for you. You're safe. Eat up, let me make a call.

She gets her phone and sits.

Clare: hey, girl what topics did you cover today? [She listens] oh okay that's it? [Listens] oh wow okay great. I'll see you when you get back. [Listens] yeah he's awake now, oh okay girl bye [laughs].

Marcus: so you really are a student?
Clare: yeah I wasn't lying to you.
Marcus: what's the world like? Like these past two years and a half I've been in one area of a city.
Clare: well not much has changed really. What I really want to know is how you ended up there so I can help you.
Marcus: ............ not today.
Clare: no rush. How's the food?
Marcus: really good [smiles]
Clare: yeah?