Chapter Eleven

Ayame opened her eyes, squinting up at the ceiling and growled when she heard the banging coming from outside. She tried to sit up but gasped in pain, falling back down. That was when the fight came back to her and her left arm flew up to where her right arm should be. Tears formed in the genin's eyes when she felt nothing but air.

She wanted to cry and scream but stopped when multiple people came inside her room, the first person shouting in joy, "She's up! She's up!"

Ayame gaped at Naruto, her mind trying to come up with a solution for why the boy was there. She looked at at who else was there and smiled when she saw Hinata, Tenten and Shikamaru.

"Naruto, keep it down." Shikamaru mumbled, sitting down in a chair.

Tenten ran at Ayame, flinging her arms around the petite girl and crushing her in a hug. "I was so scared!"

The brunette held Ayame like that for a few more seconds before letting her go, tears in the corner of her eyes. "Ayame. . ."

"I can't be a ninja anymore."

Ayame's voice was quiet but everyone had heard it, Shikamaru watched her, as if analyzing her. Hinata brought her hand up to her mouth in shock and Tenten just looked down at the ground.

Naruto stopped looking around the room, his grin faltering as he turned towards Ayame. "Eh? What do ya mean?"

Ayame didn't mean to be snap at him, her face settling into a glare. "My arm was cut off, Naruto."

Naruto stayed quiet for a few minutes, the silence making Ayame want to scream. But then he just laughed, rubbing the back of his head. "Of course you can Ayame! You just have to train much harder!"

Ayame couldn't believe it, she stared in shock at the boy, tears forming in her eyes. They seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "Naruto. . . You idiot," Ayame said, laughing as tears slid down her cheeks.

Tenten seemed to remember something then, reaching into the basket Hinata had in her arms and grinning like an idiot. "We brought you stuff Ayame!"

In her arms were a teddy bear, a bag of cookies, a rose and some instant ramen. Ayame wiped the tears from her face and laughed, instantly able to tell who the instant ramen was from.

"Thank you."

They all spent the next hour talking until Naruto and Shikamaru decided to go eat apples in front of Chouji to tease the poor boy.

Tenten was eating one of Ayame's cookies, claiming that she was making sure that Shikamaru hadn't poisoned them, and Hinata was setting the rose up in a vase with water.

Ayame enjoyed the peace and quiet but wished someone would say something. The pease was destroyed when a nurse entered the room, smiling at the Tenten and Hinata before moving over to Ayame's side.