𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

After we went to a drugstore near my house and picked up shaving cream, we ended up at the school. He slowed down as we reached the parking lot and started to look at each car until he suddenly parked next to a specific BMW.

It took me a second to recognize the car, but once I realized that it was Tommy's, I knew exactly what he was doing. I jumped out as soon as Jonathan did and handed him the backpack, pecking his cheek.

"You're the best, Byers"

"What do you mean? We're simply just giving Tommy's car a makeover because we're such nice people"

"We should get the Nobel Peace prize!"

We both giggled as we carefully pulled the knives out of his backpack before we bent down to the tires and he explained how to do it.

"Now, you're only gonna stab each tire with each knife once. If you do a different knife on each tire they can't track who did it. You really have to stab it in there because the rubber is thick, but once you do it's pretty easy to slice through it. Be sure to make a big cut so he'll have to get them all replaced completely."

"Where on earth did you, of all people, learn how to slash tires?"

"My dad, you should be glad you haven't met him...and don't worry you'll never meet him, he's hurt enough people that I care about..."

"I'm sorry, but I understand where you're coming from, I would never want you meeting my mother"

He gave me a small smile before he stabbed the knife into the tire and slashed through the rubber. The cut ended up going down half the tire and it completely deflated. I walked to the other side of the car and did the same as Jonathan until all tires were ruined.

I stood back, impressed by our work, when Jonathan handed me the paper towels that the knives were wrapped in. He had the shaving cream unwrapped and he was shaking it before he pointed it at the windshield and said, "Would you like the honor m'lady?"

I smiled and returned it with, "But of course good sir", taking it from him and spraying it all over the windshield and hood of the expensive car. We used the paper towels to wipe it around, ruining the paint and the windshield. We high-fived after our work was done and hopped into his car, hearing the school doors open.

We drove over to the edge of the parking lot, out of sight, and watched Tommy leave the school after basketball practice to see the mess. His jaw was practically on the floor and his eyes could've popped out of his head. He threw down his bag and started screaming a variety of cuss words until he lost his voice.

I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time, I practically peed my pants. Jonathan was just as amused at the sight of our revenge going exactly to plan. I looked over to the front of the school when I saw Steve staring directly at our car, almost staring into my soul. I told Jonathan to leave in case he knew it was us, and we drove off to my house. 

(...)

I had washed my hands at least a dozen times and they still smelled of burnt rubber and shaving cream, but I didn't regret a thing. Waking up I was quite proud of myself, and when I put on my baggy blue jeans and my favorite white turtleneck, I was still in a surprisingly good mood. I only threw my hair up in a ponytail, knowing that I was gonna shower tonight, and I got my  eyeliner on the first try, today was gonna be a good day.

I walked out to see that I was early, and my dad was still getting dressed, so I got out the box mix, the milk, and the eggs and made us pancakes. He was almost jumping around because pancakes are his favorite food and I was the one that made them. We sat down together and ate them while we talked about having dinner at Joyce's again tonight. 

As if my mood couldn't get any better, my car wouldn't start.

It wasn't even making any noise when I turned the key, it was just silent. I continued to streamline cuss until I opened up the hood to see my spark plugs completely missing and a bunch of other wires mismatched and detached. As I tried to think of who would do it, I saw a light brown hair sitting on the engine, and it was way too short to be mine, so I marched to the school knowing who it was.

It was freezing out here without a jacket or a seat warmer; he was gonna pay. I walked up and slammed his locker door shut, inches away from his face, staring up at him.

"You absolute jackass. Tommy obviously deserved it so why did you feel the need to get revenge on my poor car?"

He let out a sigh as he got even closer, towering over me, and said, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Then why did I find your precious hair on my engine Steve?"

He clenched his jaw, and it looked like he was about to grab my shirt collar, when Nancy walked up confused. We both immediately turned around smiling while I was digging my nails into his back and he was pulling on my ponytail.

"What's going on? You guys looked mad...please don't tell me this is another fight, I can't take the arguing!"

"Us? Mad? No! Of course not! Steve here was just nice enough to offer me rides until my car gets fixed, it wouldn't start this morning."

I dug my nails into his back further, probably leaving scratches and drawing blood, while Nancy gushes about how sweet he was. She kissed his cheek when the bell rang so everyone ran off and it was just us.

"When did I agree to giving you rides?"

"When you ruined my car dumbass"

I blew him a kiss and flipped him off before I ran to class, leaving him frustrated in the hallway.