Cast and Characters

Ariana Grande as Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana: the teen main character of Hannah Montana. As her alter ego, Cat Valentine, she secretly lives a double life as a famous pop star. Her best friends are Liz and Avan. She tries to keep the fact that she is Cat Valentine a secret but has told several people during the duration of the series, such as Liz, Avan, Hale, Matt, and Harry. Her main love interests are Matt and Harry, along with occasional crushes. She is known to say "Sweet Niblets!" "Ya think?" and "Say what?" as her catchphrases. She also has the best of both worlds. Her rivals, when she is Ariana, are Lauren and Camila. She is like any other girl, facing challenges, but endures it with the help of family and friends. She has ton of wardrobe changes.

Edward Butera as Robby Stewart: the widower father of Frankie and Ariana Grande. He is also Cat Valentine's manager, who was a former country singer. As Ariana's father, he is also referred to as Cat's father whenever they appear together publicly. Even though he does wear a fake mustache and a hat as a disguise, he does not use a fake name. He takes pride in his hair, and his shampoo collection. Whenever one of Cat's songs becomes a hit, instead of attributing it to the singer, he, jokingly, takes the credit himself. He is a loving and caring father, but knows when serious discipline is necessary.

Frankie Grande as Jackson Stewart: the older teenage brother of Ariana Grande and son of Edward Butera. He is known for his goofy, lazy and disgusting habits.

Like the rest of his family, Frankie is from Tennessee. He moved to Malibu, California with his father Edward and sister Ariana after the death of his mother. In an off-handed remark in "Song Sung Bad," Frankie implausibly suggests the reason for this move involved an embarrassing incident with a Tennessee girlfriend. When Frankie first attended school in California he was made fun of because of his accent, cowboy hat, boots, and large belt buckle with shining bright lights which he wore to school.

Frankie and Ariana constantly bicker and compete for their father's approval. Ariana often finds Frankie's antics disgusting and Frankie thinks Ariana is too full of herself sometimes. Yet on a deeper level, both Ariana and Frankie privately express love and appreciation for each other like a normal brother-sister relationship. On several occasions Frankie even goes to great lengths to help Ariana when she gets herself in serious trouble.

Despite being the first born, and therefore having high expectations from Edward, Frankie constantly lives under Ariana's, or rather Cat's, shadow. Unlike Edward, Liz and Avan, Frankie does not attend Cat events in disguise. This is at first because he exploits his connection with Cat to impress his dates. Later, in "My Boyfriend's Frankie and There's Gonna Be Trouble" a paparazzi follows Ariana and Frankie home from a concert and reports that they are dating. After this incident, Frankie publicly declares his love for Cat is "like a sister", but still keeps her secret. In "We Are Family: Now Get Me Some Water!" he openly works as Cat's "assistant." He also sometimes works as her chauffeur.

While working as Cat's chauffeur, Frankie is sometimes forced to miss his own activities. He reveals in "Bad Moose Rising" that he really does not mind driving her, as long as she shows appreciation. After Ariana gets her license in the third season this is no longer an issue. Also Frankie states that even though they prank each other, he would never bring it into the "Cat World"

Liz Gillies as Lilly Truscott: the best friend of Ariana Grande and Avan Jogia. When Ariana is Cat, Liz is under the alias of Jade West, and also Jade Carrington. She is also close friends with Cat Valentine and part of her entourage. Liz/Jade has a huge crush on Orlando Bloom in the episode "The Test Of My Love", and tells Ariana that she will see "the Liz Bloom" when Orlando finally meets her.

Avan Jogia as Oliver Oken: the male best friend to Ariana Grande and Liz Gillies. He uses the alias Beck Oliver while attending events with Cat Valentine in order to keep Ariana's secret. He often refers to himself in third person as "Smokin' Jogia".

Malachi Barton as Rico Suave: the young manager of "Malachi's Surf Shop", a concession stand located near the Grande's home. Malachi's Surf Shop is known for being very organized; much more organized than Malibu and Seaview. He most commonly interacts with Frankie, his employees, despite the fact that Malachi is several years younger. In the second season he also attends school with Ariana, Liz, and Avan. Malachi is the only main character unaware of Ariana's double life.

Malachi comes from a very wealthy Latino family. His billionaire parents are often mentioned but never seen. He has a sister, a brother, a cousin and an Australian/Mexican cousin.

Frankie and Malachi have a frenemy relationship. Malachi often comes up with ways of making Frankie miserable or getting him in trouble. He is an unforgiving employer and sometimes fires Frankie, only to re-hire him later. Malachi is usually successful in his practical jokes on Frankie because of his virtually unlimited financial resources. On a few rare occasions Frankie gets the last laugh with Malachi, as seen in "Cat In The Streets With Diamonds"

The relationship Avan and Malachi have is practically the same as Frankie and Malachi. Malachi sometimes looks to Avan as an older brother, but also a target. He usually sees Avan's complications and uses them against him, such as in "Don't Be Breaking My Tooth". He also takes heed in making fun and manipulating Frankie and Avan, such as in "That's What Friends Are For?." When it comes to business matters, such as making a commercial for Malachi's, he turns to Avan. He also thinks of Avan as much more efficient employee than Frankie, as he once got a job and Malachi said he was perfect. Avan is also seen working at Malachi's again in season 3 in the episode "B-B-B-Bad To The Bone" as well as in season 1 in the episode "We Are Family – Now Get Me Some Water".